torque

dj__c

This is me first post here and it looks like the right place lol
could anyone tell me what the torque is of a kam ddx750 and a 1210..cuz ive used the kams barely for mixin, but may soon have technics which are obviously betta, but i read somewhere that the technics have 1.5kg torque and the kam had 1.6kg which cant be right lol

Kam = 1.6.

Technics MK2 = 1.5.

Not surprising considering the Technics are decades old technology.

The Vestax PDX 3000 has 4.7 kgs of torque. And a torque adjustment system...

i dont see how thas possible, seein as i thought the kams didnt have enough torque,with the slipmat it stops when queing a record but its ok with wax paper underneath the slipmat, but still stops on the odd thicker vinyl, and i cant remember havin any trouble like that when i used the technics years ago?:rinsed:

Technics use a sustained torque measurement whereas other manufacturers use a starting torque measurement, I think. Starting torque will always be higher than sustained torque.

Try holding the vinyl at the edge instead of pushing downwards on it, oldskool scratch dj style.

Yeah Technics torqe is quite low in comparisson to newer decks but the platter is so solid, heavy and stable it just keeps on spinnin:)

cheersss
i see what your onabout, with the startin torque and continuous torque, cuz when i learnt on technics and bought my 1st pair of kams they were so shite in comparison and the main thing seemed 2 be the lack of torque, but apparently the technics actually have less,so it must be measured in a different way cuz i cant see big names mixin on a pair of kam ddx750 decks lol

i cant see big names mixin on a pair of kam ddx750 decks lol

Those Kams probably are poo, tbh. But there is a stigma attached to using anything but Technics, usually based on reasoning that's outdated or just plain wrong. Kam's DDX5000s are fantastic decks and very underated

other decks might have higher torque but nothing beats the smooth feel of techs =]

The smooth feel of my Citronic PD45s beat Technics by far. My Technics feel like they've been dragged around the block behind a bus and they're the same age!

hmm i have to disagree i have a set of numark tt-200s and i just bought a 1210mk2 and i love the technic man , I feel I can do a handstand and the platter would keep spinning , the 1210mk2 is the industry standard for a reason ,also you should look into some butter mats that go under the intial slipmat , they work wonders and reduce the amount of work the motor has to do , thats just my opinion but try whatever you can

Back
Top Bottom