Multi Genre TOP DRUM & BASS 2013 BY MC FLY DJ [PART 2]

Der Ausländer

VIP Junglist
Part 2 of McFly's BEST OF 2K13!

Misanthrop – Deadlock (Neosignal)
Axon – STTR (Invisible recordings)
Homemade weapons feat. collinja – Afterdark (Samurai music)
Dom & Roland – Outta endz (metalheadz)
–> Enei – The BoneBreaker (Critical music)
Kid Drama & Om unit – Grind (Exit records UK)
–> Sam Binga Ft. Redders – AYO (Modulations recordings)
Foreign concept Ft. Punchline – Paperchaser (Critical music)
House of black lanterns – Truth & Loss (Fracture’s astrophonica remix)
–> Genotype – on the inside (CX digital)
Frederic Robin Ft. Stray – bloom (Blu Mar Ten Music)
–> Blu Mar ten – Famous lost words (Blu Mar Ten music)
Detail – Green rain (Utopia music)
–> Dub Phizix & Skeptical Ft. Chimpo – Buzzin (Soul:R)
Skeptical – Frozen (commercial suicide)
–> Andy pain & Z connection – Making example (Broken Audio)
–> Om unit – The hand (Metalheadz)
Xtrah & Break Ft. DRS – Always new (Symmetry recordings)
–> Rawtekk – Working man (Med school records)
Sub Focus – Original (RAM records)
Fracture – Better than tomorrow (Metalheadz)
Hybrid Minds Ft. Linguistics & Charlie P) – Ascent (Spearhead records)
Naibu – Hust like you (Fracture’s astrophonica remix) (Horizons music)
–> Om unit – Governor’s bay (Civil music)
Homemade weapons – Kintaro (Samurai music)
–> Dabs Ft. MC Kwality – Skull & bones (Horizons music)
Om unit – Wicker and pearl (Civil music)
Xtrah – the Base (RAM records)
Dub Phizix & Skittles – I’m a creator (Exit records UK)
Dawn Day Night – Big booty girls
–> Calibre – Start again Feat. Chimpo (Signature records)
Digital & Spirit – Phantom Force (Fracture’s astrophonica Remix)
Om unit – Sleepwalkers (Metalheadz)
Stray – MatchSticks (Exit records UK)

Been listening to this this week, as the majority of the tracklist is up my street. Enjoyed the opening 3 tune blend and the transition into Bloom. Grind - AYO worked well. Felt like AYO was a bit quiet when the vocals came in. I always have it turned up a notch on that tune to compensate. But on the other hand I felt like Fractures Truth & Loss remix came in a bit loudly. Frozen - Always New flowed well. Lots of vocal clashing with Always New & Original. Just Like You - Kintaro was a wicked blend. Lots of vocal clashing between Creator & Big Booty Girls when the latter was coming in, but sat well once in, then more with Big Booty Girls & Start Again. The double with Start Again & Phantom Force rmx was a nice touch but would have liked the vocal in Start Again to be louder as it sat back in the mix for no apparent reason. Sleepwalkers beat really twisted Phantom Force rmx into something more hectic, using the best bits from each tune to compliment what both had become, keeping easily my favourite blend in there till near the end :)

A few too many switched mixes in there for my liking, but I know why you did them to line up other mixes / 3 deck mixes. A small handful of long vocal clashes in there which do stand out a bit when they are long. Bear that in mind when mixing tunes with vocals together. Didn't take anything away from your mixing which was top notch (y) Couple of quiet(er) and loud(er) tunes as mentioned. I still find this hard to gauge as tunes are cut / mastered to different levels. Heads on here suggested having the levels lower when bring in the tune coming in, then you can always adjust the levels up as the tune is about to drop. Also, giving tunes a trial run will give you a bit of a heads up weather they are loud or quiet. All in all, a wicked ride with quality mixing and selection.

Hey Watcha, big up for the in depht review of McFLy's mix, I'll forward this to him cuz am not sure he checks the forum out too much.

I wait till' that day you'll review one of mine :)

hey man, first big up for the amazing feedback, much appreciated, pretty rare thing nowadays :)

Then I must admit you're right for everything, the only problem with these "Top" mixes is that I have a tracklist and I must use THIS tracklist and only this one, no tunes from the past... So I had to use "tricks" to manage to finish this mix... BTW most of the tunes got vocals it was the major issue with this part ^^ And also I wanted to do it on 3 decks this year, first try for me I'm quite happy though :)

Well many thanks once again bro, was a very nice chat !

Hey Watcha, big up for the in depht review of McFLy's mix, I'll forward this to him cuz am not sure he checks the forum out too much.

I wait till' that day you'll review one of mine :)

If the tracklist is up my street, I'm in.

hey man, first big up for the amazing feedback, much appreciated, pretty rare thing nowadays :)

Then I must admit you're right for everything, the only problem with these "Top" mixes is that I have a tracklist and I must use THIS tracklist and only this one, no tunes from the past... So I had to use "tricks" to manage to finish this mix... BTW most of the tunes got vocals it was the major issue with this part ^^ And also I wanted to do it on 3 decks this year, first try for me I'm quite happy though :)

Well many thanks once again bro, was a very nice chat !

No worries lads. I'm trying to tone down my feedback, but can't help myself sometimes

You should be very happy with this mix. If I could mix like that on 3 decks first try I would be ecstatic. Ez

Back
Top Bottom