Top 10 US Hiphop Turning into Grime/Dub?

Fes Rock

Nothing..........
VIP Junglist
It may just be my imagination, but Im noticing alot of US Hiphop producers are trying to jock the whole sublow/Grime/2step sound as of late.
ie: New Missy, Pharelle, the list goes on
Thoughts

about time ??? we have for the last 20 yrs wanted to be american in the way fashion / music and attitudes are !!

so nice for once to be seen doing something that the usa looks to for insparition .... touch !!! shame they have already used the sound and been able to make serious money off it while the uk producers just cant work out how to ....

funny that

;)

Id say up untill recently. It was more on the Electro 80's flav [909/Akai] in top 10 h/h
now its all out dance music.
hip hop has come so far since the days of fat shoelace.
now you listen to a h/h radio and the message in the music is filth. Its nothing positive, just money, bitches & material goods. No education. Not original.

I hope that genre of hiphop [if youd even call it that] fizzles out..it makes me sick :sick:

sorry ranting

yeah i liked a lot of the stuff electro wise up to about 89 when i found instead of hip hop i was buying n playing more house music and so my change .... i go in and out of hip hop alot and for me at the mo im liking alot of stuff out there

new nas the n ..... dam infact never been a game fan but ive got the new lp and dam ...... some nice cuts on it ...
the jay z thing is good aswell .....

check my new page hipperty hop [on site] for some new shizzle ... inc ... nas , ying yang twins etc etc

loads of dis records out there at the mo that ive seemed to get my grubby mitts on lol .........

uk can come up with the ideas just we dont have that something something that the producers have in the states .. music under 120 bpm you cant touch them ,standard ... some get close to testing but ahhah next thing you know theres tons of records out there that put us to shame ... while with 2step/dubstep/grime/dnb its a different story due to this is an english story with english heart hence when it born bread from the heart of the motherland it resides in you cant touch it .......

its like reggies home is jamacia ok ... the world love this sound,theres producers all around the world making it but to this day you cant touch a original producer of jamacia ..

hip hop homes new york city .... the world trys n trys to put there country on the map ...... again you can try love inbrace but again its true roots is new york not surrey uk or where ever your krews from ........

dubstep .... to me its a south london big apple records sound .. for those that know and shopped there back in the day when hatcha was working there ... ofcourse theres record pria the exsposion of dubstep to the masses but its heart is a truely london thing .......

dnb ???? so dear ...... read the book if your new to it ...

o well i got a blog to up date so i will end there :drunk:

dnb ???? so dear ...... read the book if your new to it ...
shiiiit I lived the book:jay:

I understand your points here PI. I feel the same way. If you compare the evolution of hip hop and the evolution of Dnb. There quite the same [started out strickly funk breaks jaz crap engineering etc..] Only Dnb eveolved much faster. your talking 10 yrs ish for dnb to evolve to what it is today. Hands down the hardest music to produce, engineer wise.

So you could almost say hiphop made Dnb...and Now Dnb is prwnzing hip hop.

I could keep going...but ehh

shiiiit I lived the book:jay:

I understand your points here PI. I feel the same way. If you compare the evolution of hip hop and the evolution of Dnb. There quite the same [started out strickly funk breaks jaz crap engineering etc..] Only Dnb eveolved much faster. your talking 10 yrs ish for dnb to evolve to what it is today. Hands down the hardest music to produce, engineer wise.

So you could almost say hiphop made Dnb...and Now Dnb is prwnzing hip hop.

I could keep going...but ehh

haha yes yes fes ... sounds like you get the tree of beats

all from one beautiful tree with there own different branches and twigs to boot nar mean ....... funk jazz rock n roll blues afriacan punk list is endless ...... anyway just fups me off when these new school heads start talking more crap than a farmers muckspreader about DNB ISENT HIP HOP DNB ISENT BREAKS ...... its like they want it to be seperated ,, all elite etc etc .....

each music branch gives off infulances to and from another ...... if it wasnt for this you couldnt of had that .....

so if the fact that hip hop via the invention of turntablism from the art of djing >> dont you new school wankers get it twisted now there is a differance and what you hear nowerdays is mixing / double dropping blahblah so thats not djing its turntablism so fook off << anyway they used funk breaks to create loops in which hence people danced too ,, genious ... sure fupping genious .............

from those early days in 78-79 id of love to have been living in the bronx ....... kinder sucked that i only found it all in 82 so i missed the birth ... toddler stage when mainstream news captured it .... from that day alone it changed my life .... hooked like a fish on a line ........

started buying when i was 12 electro vynel and listening to mike allen [ legend ] even got uk fresh on 2 tapes locked away ... im scared to rip them just in case they break ahahahha ........

i spose these where the best days of my life to be frank ..
ok im into music now not like i was when i was younger,shit the bed ... i lived it,ate it shat it u name it lol .........

now because from my negative exsperiances via the industry from when i was so needing to be in it ive got this h8 for it at the back of my head and to know you got to be crook to make it aint nothing to do with music at all .... arh !! o well thats life as they say .......

bring back the good old days where u could play anything under one roof and people didnt get hook up on all the gear no idea bollix ...... wasnt about looking sexy being a bad man back then it was about spirit music and community something that all these wanna bee gangster attitude dicks no nothing about ........

have a good week m8 ok ......... one love

haha yes yes fes ... sounds like you get the tree of beats

all from one beautiful tree with there own different branches and twigs to boot nar mean ....... funk jazz rock n roll blues afriacan punk list is endless ...... anyway just fups me off when these new school heads start talking more crap than a farmers muckspreader about DNB ISENT HIP HOP DNB ISENT BREAKS ...... its like they want it to be seperated ,, all elite etc etc .....

each music branch gives off infulances to and from another ...... if it wasnt for this you couldnt of had that .....

so if the fact that hip hop via the invention of turntablism from the art of djing >> dont you new school wankers get it twisted now there is a differance and what you hear nowerdays is mixing / double dropping blahblah so thats not djing its turntablism so fook off << anyway they used funk breaks to create loops in which hence people danced too ,, genious ... sure fupping genious .............

from those early days in 78-79 id of love to have been living in the bronx ....... kinder sucked that i only found it all in 82 so i missed the birth ... toddler stage when mainstream news captured it .... from that day alone it changed my life .... hooked like a fish on a line ........

started buying when i was 12 electro vynel and listening to mike allen [ legend ] even got uk fresh on 2 tapes locked away ... im scared to rip them just in case they break ahahahha ........

i spose these where the best days of my life to be frank ..
ok im into music now not like i was when i was younger,shit the bed ... i lived it,ate it shat it u name it lol .........

now because from my negative exsperiances via the industry from when i was so needing to be in it ive got this h8 for it at the back of my head and to know you got to be crook to make it aint nothing to do with music at all .... arh !! o well thats life as they say .......

bring back the good old days where u could play anything under one roof and people didnt get hook up on all the gear no idea bollix ...... wasnt about looking sexy being a bad man back then it was about spirit music and community something that all these wanna bee gangster attitude dicks no nothing about ........

have a good week m8 ok ......... one love

ye, this coversation could go for pages. Ultimately we know the deal. And theres still a chance someone will arise from nowhere, completely changing the game.
Just because the track is loud [subfocus/pendulum] doesnt make it a masterpiece. what happened to proper melodys & contrast?!? I see it with Liquid, but dance floor? IMO its monopolizing the industry. This shit aint bout the money. Its about the love, roots & culture. And being able to recognize & apreciate a good piece of original music. ppl still recycling those old breaks [Amen/tighten up etc...] to this day, and thats how it should be.
Respek PI
The rules have changed but the games still the same

ye, this coversation could go for pages. Ultimately we know the deal. And theres still a chance someone will arise from nowhere, completely changing the game.
Just because the track is loud [subfocus/pendulum] doesnt make it a masterpiece. what happened to proper melodys & contrast?!? I see it with Liquid, but dance floor? IMO its monopolizing the industry. This shit aint bout the money. Its about the love, roots & culture. And being able to recognize & apreciate a good piece of original music. ppl still recycling those old breaks [Amen/tighten up etc...] to this day, and thats how it should be.
Respek PI
The rules have changed but the games still the same

heres a music and life easy observation for you to digest ..

at present in the world of dance music ELECTRO is the big thing in the spot light ...... YAY !! some good shit coming out at mo ... [TPI TIP PRODUCER TO LOOK OUT FOR IS WEST LONDONS "SWITCH" ] anyway give it to yrs and producers will have squeezed what creativity they cant out of it then like u say it will change .....

acid house in 3-4 yrs mate .... trust me .... its gunna come back with such a boom because its an natural progression this sound to take it to another level ......

with in dnb now the doors are slowly opening up ... more n more major shows are playing new talent as they now understand to stay on top you cant just play your small community of friends dub plates .. you know all the big names thats all they will and did cover !!! ££££££ !!! times are a changing due to the net ... thank fup bout fupping time aswell .... now 10 yrs ago an new good artist producer could never of got a look in due to the nature of how the dnb game was run ..... now look at it ... lol ...

i beleave theres alot of big dawg heads that see the future over take them but only cause they have the power they have kept alittle control of it ..... theres names out there ive never heard of who are making music that could smack smash uk crowds to pieces ..... the uk scene has been lost due to IMAGE alone ... the music is 100% produced better .packaged better the works but the image facter has got worse ..... i doubt to this very day i will ever go to another dnb event because of the image thing ......... id rather go to a house thing least there you dont get attitude ........ shame ......

alot of dnb is about money , ok there not hitting the big figures like the hip hop scene is but hay in time as more n more producers get skills it will ,just got to look on tv,vid games,dnb is being introduced slowly everywhere,it will be a house hold name just like rnb hip hop etc etc just because your parents dont know the labelling off the word dnb they will slowly as they watch tv hear dnb .... thus it doesnt become noise that a rebel kid just listens too ....... if the hip hop branch can do it i know dnb will because of the heart behind it ... 2 step could of done it but .... with a few yrs of its peek due to the success of mcs via pirate radio stations ... all the kids wanted to be mcs and have a voice because they saw fellers not that much older than them earning good cash with music ...
great look for a type of music but bad look for vynel sales due to look into shops nowerdays and theres next to no one into it like it was ..... again the net has made shopping change but the days of djs are dead ... john peel was the last dj and now he has gone .....

we have to put up with turntablists now .... as because of early hip hop/dance music these kids are growing up as this is the norm ......... they see andy c as a god !! yeah ok hes got skills but to be crowned king !!! hes only doing what flash/cheese/herc/bamarta did back in the day just cause he is doing it with music at a tempo 60 bpms faster hes a king ????????

o well ......... im so old school thats my problem different way of thinking and acting ..........

i should of gone with the times and learned to be a up my own ass image concous wanna bee gangster hater posse ,then praps hay i may of got somewhere with all this ........

cheers lisa randel i owe you (n) :321: :cops:

Atleast Andy n them are still cutting there dubs, supporting the vinyl industry. In 2k, big lables like Virus/Hardware...would cut 50,000 copies of an album, and sell out in a months time, Worldwide. And thats the original press. Now because of the digi nation. very few cut dubs, lables are super anal bout getting dubs to ppl who deserve thm, due to teh inta taliban. And noones selling even close to that amount of records in that timespan.
Dnb is a household name, in the states. Its a well known genre of music. And the local DJ's can still be heard.
Out here most events are genre specific, so you may have DSL, Andy C, with a slew of locals.
And the rave events are all mixed together[shite] Dnb is just recently made the main room sound systems at big events. Ussually youd have house trance in teh main room & dnb in the shit side room.

The loads of new tallent weve seen make a name for themselves in dnb for 06 is HUGE. And its only gonna double/tripple in 07.

LOGIC. Its all about logic with a TI and some proper monitors<--IMO. THE EDM industry has changed pemanently because of software based production. Gear is dead! And everyone's seems to be catching on to that. AND I mean EVERYONE not just dnb:mkay:

Big tings a gwarn

I do agree with a lot of this...

But I also think now you've got so many genres, DJs and producers and massive cross pollination which is ace, but again, a shame that not more credit & £ goes back to the underground...

Over the past year I've heard new Baltimore and ghettotech mixes with latest Dizzee, Roll Deep, Streets, MIA and Lady Sov tracks and edits, so the sounds are going worldwide so quickly which is excellent!

& I think a lot of US DJs / Producers are hungry for new grime, dubstep and dark UK electro, and do appreciate it for the gold mine it is (creatively I mean, not in terms of exploiting it for $, though some obviously are)...

I think alot of it's to do with the industry, and who's got the money and the machine in place to exploit the sounds. & That's the US majors...

You can't deny that Missy (Timbaland etc), Pharrell etc, have pushed a lot of new sounds and innovated too...

Pussy Cat Dolls (& Busta), & Black Eyed Peas / Fergie should be terminated for their shameless ca$h in on electro / ghetto tech / techno sounds & styles...

what surprised me totally was the hit n download quanities on lady soverigns lp ....... the usa are going mad for her ...

today i heard the game leeked his own lp on to the net [ randem ] but true ... he finally confessed in an interview to the surprise of everyone ......

im now wondering as i spoke not quite out of term but aloud if this is quite common pactice with in music its self ....

? something im seriously at the mo looking into .... and asking questions as alot of things in my eyes dont add up ...

anyway ... aslong as the uk producers from what is known the underground ??? keep getting and having a major infulance towards the mainstream its a bonus in my eyes ....

i thank software more for the progression of looped music as it can be done where ever nowerdays and u dont need £100000 to set up a studio,this meaning the general public who 90% of them dont earn celebity style money can exspress themselves and have the possable dream that was once so out of reach ...

theres hope for everyone now and as things like youtube myspace channel u etc etc become a household name a poor but talented person from anywhere in the world can be come a over night world success ......

thats genious

thats today tomorrow and the future ... soon come off the days where large record companies control what we see do listen to,going off the days where types of music are run by a few people just earning all the paper queen ..

this is the revilution .... just be glad your now apart of it

hahahhaahhaha [ sorry im drunk ] say no more :google:

nah man thats crunk, we jacked a bit of it ourselves to make grime! but yeh grime come from half step garage so its still a UK thing

Back
Top Bottom