• Big up BHK Samples for sponsoring our Dark & Desolate production competition prize pack! Click here to check out the competition details. Contest closes JUNE 08, 2020. Visit www.BHKsamples.com for the finest dnb sample packs!

Tool Appreciation Thread

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
i love how they dont limit their music though,
i read something like the structure in one of their songs is like 6.5/5 it just rolls so well.

you have to listen to one of their albums the whole way through because its like one song

SoulShaker

Synth
i love how they dont limit their music though,
i read something like the structure in one of their songs is like 6.5/5 it just rolls so well.

you have to listen to one of their albums the whole way through because its like one song
If you play their album I think 10thousand days in a certain.. apparently in a spiral fashion you listen to a different cd.. the songs become one.

xiris

Resident Canadian
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Tool was the band that got me into writing heavy music. Saw them live, finally, last summer. Top 3 shows of all time. Danny Carey is a God. I don't think there's a better drummer alive right now. Maynard's vocals and lyrics are ridiculous. Vicarious strikes a pretty solid chord with this day and age.

Last edited:

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Tool was the band that got me into writing heavy music. Saw them live, finally, last summer. Top 3 shows of all time. Danny Carey is a God. I don't think there's a better drummer alive right now. Maynard's vocals and lyrics are ridiculous. Vicarious strikes a pretty solid chord with this day and age.
Yeah, they've influenced me heavily as well! I don't listen to them as much these days, as I've had them on repeat for years, but I still think Danny Carey is the best drummer on earth, followed closely by Tomas Haake.