TOO MUCH SILENCE -- pls feedback, ta!

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
elo! the is my most recent creation .. hope the track rocks well.
I obviously went for combining two different worlds / atmospheres.

a few quick Qs:
1) not hard to tell I love punchy drums -- overdone in this track?
2) is the track too loaded -- should I cut down on elements?
3) everything sounding alright -- master balanced enough?

PS: a fiver to the first one who can name the recent massive dnb tune that was inspiration for me to do this track ;)

track link >>> TOO MUCH SILENCE (2nd edit)

thanks for listening & your feedback!

Last edited:
Too much Silence?

Needs more bass. Everything sounds great, but bass needs to be an upfront element of your track. Track is amazing by the way. Awesome arrangement and the eqing is audio heaven. But I still think you need to focus on putting emphasis on the bass, which is great.

I think your vocal is placed wrong in the intro since there is a gap between the riser and vocals. For the rest great track mate! :2thumbs:
I think now I understand what u're saying mate ... actually it's on purpose. The last intro pattern ist 17 bars instead of 16, the vocals are overlapping for one bar on purpose. In bar 17 everything stops and the "too much" has different effects on than before. This creates an effect of the overall sound being sucked right into the middle after spreading wide with melo/vox/risers in the 16 bars before. Should enhance the "too much" vox. Maybe only noticeable with headphones on ...

Nice production quality overall. Is there a reverb effecting the master as a whole? Maybe the track felt a tad cold to me as in perhaps there could be a bit more warmth or bass in there. Overall, very nice work; and I especially enjoyed those breaks nicely placed, with some very sick drum work thrown down in the track.

Nice production quality overall. Is there a reverb effecting the master as a whole? Maybe the track felt a tad cold to me as in perhaps there could be a bit more warmth or bass in there. Overall, very nice work; and I especially enjoyed those breaks nicely placed, with some very sick drum work thrown down in the track.

Well spotted Mr Sick! The track has a serious EQ/reverb frequency issue. I had no time yet to figure out where exactly the issue is. Generally my tracks always sound brighter/colder after export than in my DAW -- an unsolved problem I have for long. Anyway, thanks for listening and ur feedback-- glad some parts of this track are likeable.

Back
Top Bottom