"too long to fit on a cd" type problem

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Standby, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Standby

Standby nahmean

aight dooods

lookin for sum help here, got a nasty tech itch set i want to whack onto cd, but its too long apparently, so i need to chop off the last 15 mins of the set so that it'll fit. trouble is i aint got the faintest idea how to do it, so could one of you guys help me out?

also, the set is all one track, so if someone could clue me up on how to put track marks in it i would be much appreciative!!!

cheers guys

2. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

I use a multi-task package called “Magix Audio Cleaning”, originally for recording old vinyl and restoring quality, then saving to required format (wmv/MP3/WAV etc).

You can import a mix (any length), grab the scissor tool and cut at the required time, put fades on the end and trackmark the CD at the touch of a button.

You can plug your decks (if you spin) into your soundcard and record straight to your harddisc too.

There prolly is an easier way - but this package was only £20-£25 and its been a saviour for me

Hope this helps. ;)

3. Standby

Standby nahmean

nice one Mr Jay!!!

4. V Matt

V Matt Member

If you just want to split it up you can use the thing I've attached for that :thumbsup:

Attached Files: