Tom rolls in cubase 5

dj-dusty

VIP Junglist
Ez peeps, i am trying to get a decent to roll, kinda like the ones zen uses alot and ive got some decent sounding toms but they need to be pitched down as they roll and i cant for the life of me find a decent plugin to do the job.

Can anyone recommend a decent pitch shifter to me.

I would prefer if it was a free download but links to any would be handy coz if its a decent one then i dont mind paying.

Thanks in advance

you could try putting them in battery and pitching them from there. if not battery then any sort of sampler should do the job.

I dont know of any plugins but couldnt you use a sampler, assign the each tom to a different note on the piano roll then pitch them down that way?

You can also do it directly in Cubase 5 if you want. Just click the audio file in the sequencer and use transpose in the black bar at the top and just transpose each individual hit to a different pitch. Probably the easiest way I reckon.

Grain Delay, any one will do, set the delay to match the speed you want, then set the Pitch or Frequency to shift as it bounces along, although try to be creative with it, its a well overused effect, since 20 years+ ago

Cheers for the advice people, ill try it all. i really need a free sampler, does anyone know where to get one? cant afford battery yet

Back
Top Bottom