Tokyo Prose - Wind Grace (The North Quarter)

rythmatix

VIP Junglist
now with the album out for a week, how does everyone rate it compared to the Presence LP ?
I haven't played it quite enough to 100% compare, but I think there's a lot of the same great qualities of Presence here...some nice changeups in bpm, strings come and go. Its a tad more varied than Presence, which was mostly lighter, floaty, airy tunes...there is a tad more grit and weight to some of the tunes on here. I like that Sam hasn't re-used any of the vocalists from the first album either (as far as I can see), so between them there is a massive body of unique tunes which are all very distinctly TP. That's not an easy feat

Vydx

nondescript
VIP Junglist
Yeah, there's variation in this album that wasn't as present in, uh, Presence. 'Tremble' comes to mind immediately when you mention grit and weight, of course that one owes itself to being a Nether collab, but the point still stands.

Speaking of Presence, you can grab a repress available now from Void Vinyl:- https://www.voidvinyl.com/products/tokyo-prose-presence-2018-repress