TODAY'S DRUM AND BASS

mzacker

^^^^/\^^^^
Old school dnb is great, and the birth of an absolutely massive scene has an almost magical quality. But "amens" can only go so far. However, I was not there - I started listening to Drum and Bass in 1999 in the U.S. starting with some Metalheadz tunes. The best Drum and Bass is coming out today and tomorrow because in light of how much it has diversified and expanded, and especially the heavy, upfront beats exploring new sounds like Hazard, G Dub, Pendulum, TC, DJ Complex, and more, I dig where the scene's going!

Peace

big up
Radius.jpg

uh oh... can of worms alert!

nah..it expands, divesifies, changes..evryone has the fave tunes, everyone gets into and out of it at different times it is always changing.........who knows whats next..the best is yet to come!

I'm not unhappy with where dnb is going, but lately I have been getting a lot of pleasure from mid 90s Metalheadz/Speed tunes I have, as they are so musical and experimental. Also the wicked memories they evoke. Ravers are a sentimental bunch by and large so we will always be looking back, which can sometimes stop progression.

I'm not unhappy with where dnb is going, but lately I have been getting a lot of pleasure from mid 90s Metalheadz/Speed tunes I have, as they are so musical and experimental. Also the wicked memories they evoke. Ravers are a sentimental bunch by and large so we will always be looking back, which can sometimes stop progression.

+1

We all have good times in our lives that we associate with music. For me, it is the period from 1992-1998 in drum n' bass because I was young, the music was a bit more available, and everything was still relatively new to me. It all depends on how you felt at one particular time.

Packman

Totally agree with Packman.

We all associate different periods in our life with music. DnB is so diverse you will never get everyone thinking a particulary period or style is the best.
Some people on this website bang on about mc's ruining dnb while some other people clearly love them. Im surprised by the general level of people who enjoy mc's such as trigga and his crew. Im not saying they arent good but I have just never got into them.
Some people think Andy C is overrated but I think he is by far the best dj in dnb.
Dnb would be boring without all these different styles.
Lets keep pushing forward but dont forget the past as well.

Anything after 2001 for me just sucks big donkey d1ck. I don't find myself getting the old 'hairs on the back of the neck' thing when a good tune drops anymore with new DnB, sorry to sound like a old man but to me it sounds all the same these days.

i need a wide emotional gambit in my music, and if all there is to be found is an impression of 'aggressive' or 'hard' i lose interest pretty much immediately. dont get me wrong, ill gladly listen to any drum and bass over anything played on tv or commercial radio but what im looking for in the music was alot more present back in way back when

i need a wide emotional gambit in my music, and if all there is to be found is an impression of 'aggressive' or 'hard' i lose interest pretty much immediately. dont get me wrong, ill gladly listen to any drum and bass over anything played on tv or commercial radio but what im looking for in the music was alot more present back in way back when

You just summed it up perfectly for me as well.

going digital has a lot to do with the evolution, the production has come on leaps and bounds and is making a lo more possible, simply at the click of a button.

Sorry but I completely disagree.

Saying that Hazard and G Dub are making better struff now than tunes like Atlantis, Helicopter Tune, Truly One, Black etc. is rubbish. A lot of drum and bass now has lost the vibe that was in jungle tunes. Tunes are just made for the impact and sound like hard house or something.

Just my opinion obviously.

:slayer: Yep, definitely love the high-impact :slayer:

...and if I ever get bored of that, there's plenty else to turn to in the broad spectrum that is DnB

Old school dnb is great, and the birth of an absolutely massive scene has an almost magical quality. But "amens" can only go so far. However, I was not there - I started listening to Drum and Bass in 1999 in the U.S. starting with some Metalheadz tunes. The best Drum and Bass is coming out today and tomorrow because in light of how much it has diversified and expanded, and especially the heavy, upfront beats exploring new sounds like Hazard, G Dub, Pendulum, TC, DJ Complex, and more, I dig where the scene's going!

Peace

big up
Radius.jpg

you listen to it from 99 onwards , and then say YOU think the best drum and bass is coming out now , hell no the WORST drum and bass is coming out now

I'm living on my,nearly complete,A.W.O.L. collection at the moment.................still!

Back
Top Bottom