TODAY'S DRUM AND BASS

fuck it all.... drum n bass is shit..its getting worse......lets all fuck off to dubstep..

(kidding! .. ;) )

:hype: - yeah its all bollocks!

5 years time people will look back on this time and comment on how good it was....., face it, people just like their younger days no matter what, and if a different style of DNB is associated with those days, I think its just a natural relation to make.

ALSO

People never remember the bad songs of an era, only the gold, people will remember some of the gold that has come out this year and in 2012 will say "shit it was better back then",

all I have to say, is enjoy everyday like its your last.... cuz one day it will be !!

:gpeace:

ALSO

People never remember the bad songs of an era, only the gold, people will remember some of the gold that has come out this year and in 2012 will say "shit it was better back then",

all I have to say, is enjoy everyday like its your last.... cuz one day it will be !!

:gpeace:

Really good point you made there. A lot of the old stuff (hardcore thru to jungle) was fine for raving at the time, but really not that great, and has certainly dated. People seem to think every old jungle tune was a masterpiece when it came out, but trust, it was not. There was SOOOO much stuff in there you would not wanna listen to nowadays. Its always been a matter of finding the 5% of tunes you like. Selective memory is a luxury.

you listen to it from 99 onwards , and then say YOU think the best drum and bass is coming out now , hell no the WORST drum and bass is coming out now

With all due respect, I think it is error to assume that because I STARTED listening to DnB in 99 that I only listen to or have only heard DnB produced AFTER 99. To be sure, I invite you to please post a link to one of your favorite mixes so I can give it a listen; I'm always up for DnB even if its not the specific sub-genre/era that I'm into at the moment.

Peace

No-one can say for sure whether it was better or worse ten years ago. We have all got different reasons for liking different eras. It is one of the reasons dnb is so popular is that there is so much to it.
Its like talk about who are the best DJ's & MC's. We all have our own different opinions so we should all respect others opinions and accept that not everyone will like the same.

I do agree to some extent about the fact that we associate better times with better music and for me that was 94-99 when I was at school which also coincides with the 'Golden Era' of DnB.

I put on the local pirate station on the way to work in the morning and I just cannot cope with how bad DnB is these days. It doesn't feel right, most of the tunes sound like someone hasn't taken any time in producing it.

Oh well.

dizzzeejungle is hit it on the head, most people want to go back to an era, partly because of the music they liked is not produced in the same way or at all. All this slating of the new tunes is bullshit, its just different and if you cant accept differrence this I say f**k off. People on here are starting to sound like they are against DNB and think much like the rest of the population - it is head banging noise. All you need to do is explore deeper into the sound you like, i have and am loving the new styles. Just find what you like, listen to it, and don't moan. People obviously like the new stuff including myself but i also like some older stuff even though i wasn'tthere. If people cant except others views no matter what they then you can just argue all day.:dutty:

Last edited:
so what, its some sort of general cognitive mechanism to say 'things were better back in the day' ok yeah great, thank you mr freud rocket brain surgeon OBE, but it hardly relevant to the actual music we have available right now is it

Sorry but I completely disagree.

Saying that Hazard and G Dub are making better struff now than tunes like Atlantis, Helicopter Tune, Truly One, Black etc. is rubbish. A lot of drum and bass now has lost the vibe that was in jungle tunes. Tunes are just made for the impact and sound like hard house or something.

Just my opinion obviously.

Exactly.
I agree that the sound is being pushed into new areas but not by the producers that were mentioned.

Yes Logikz it is, are you telling me you don't. All the people i know at work home etc reminise all the time. If you dont your missing out.

of course i do, i wrote that in this thread somewhere, i think youll find.
but stating that people always have and always will be saying that things were better back in the day, whenever that was, does not necessarily mean that it wasnt, which is my point.

so youre stating something obvious and using it as an argument, saying 'it is how it is' doesnt prove anything at all.

Bring on the wobble!!!! I'm lovin the new stuff! But i still love the old stuff!

I only started listenin to D&B in about 2000, but i've still got an appreciation for old jungle, i wasnt there to see the big names live but by the sounds of the packs ive heard it was the bollox.......

........but i dont think its fair to say new DnB is shit, its just the next generation coming through now, I'll probably be the one in 10-15 years time in this forum sayin "drum and bass was much better in my day blah blah blah........." but

At the end of the day its all drum and bass, and i love it all jump up/ jungle/ liquid / new / old / whatever

and if ya dont like it................dont listen to it, no one forces ya to listen or like it!

........but i dont think its fair to say new DnB is shit, its just the next generation coming through now, I'll probably be the one in 10-15 years time in this forum sayin "drum and bass was much better in my day blah blah blah........." but

At the end of the day its all drum and bass, and i love it all jump up/ jungle/ liquid / new / old / whatever

and if ya dont like it................dont listen to it, no one forces ya to listen or like it!

This.

Back
Top Bottom