Today In The Past & The Future Today

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by T:M, May 30, 2010.

1. T:M

T:M Dusty Techno Workout

There may or may not be a topic started on this already but what do you think EDM pioneer producers reactions would be if they were able to here what EDM was going to evolve into. What I'm saying is what if we were able to send tracks from today 20 years into the past. Hardware, musical ideas, and techniques have changed a lot in the past 20 years, so it would be interesting to here what the producers would say at the time. I'm not just talking Drum & Bass here, I'm talking all the aspects of EDM. Thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Alternatively, if you could get a glimpse of EDM 20 years into the future, would you? What are your predictions?

I'd also like to add I'm not trying to start a heated debate or anything, just want some peoples opinions.

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

I would send them a blank disc with a letter saying could you fill this with tunes that remind people how simple it is to make dance music, and to not over elaborate, plus music that you can dance too.

Trouble with dance music these days is you cant dance to it.

Oh and what the fuck is EDM

3. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

:teeth:

4. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

Electronic & Dance Music?

5. Cat Gas

Cat Gas Aka Basis

If I could get a glimpse 20 years into the future, I wouldn't take it, because music should evolve slowly I think, if it suddenly evolves that fast you'd be missing out on all the gems between those 20 years