to them what know there stuff about the scene....

Uncle Dugs

if there was a timeline between 1991 & 2001 and it had to represent key people in the hardcore / jungle / dnb scene especially involved with the whole london pirate radio scene who would be on it...

djs, mcs, promoters, stations etc etc....

1991 =

1992 =

1993 =

1994 =

1995 =

1996 =

1997 =

1998 =

1999 =

2000 =

2001 =

1991 = Fabio, Grooverider, Simon Bassline Smith

1992 = A Guy called Gerald

1993 = GQ, 5ive-o, Hyper d, Navigator, Moose & Ragga Twins

1994 = Randall, Kenny Ken

1995 = Randall

1996 = Stevie Hyper D

1997 = Skiba

1998 = ANDY C/Skiba

1999 = ANDY C/Skiba

2000 = ANDY C/SWIFT/SHABBA

2001 = ANDY C/HYPE/SHABBA

hard to pin just a few names with in the scene uncle dugs ... but stations like phantasy fm had big names like hype,nicky blackmarket,a2z etc on it ,then you had the whole friends fm krew , don fm lot , hardcore fm where ratpack ,funky flirt used to play on, weekend rush and flex fm and ofcourse rinse fm played a big part of building up of the early scene days ... ofcourse there was loads more smaller stations etc etc but every1 played there part to shapin what it is today in my eyes ....

if there was a timeline between 1991 & 2001 and it had to represent key people in the hardcore / jungle / dnb scene especially involved with the whole london pirate radio scene who would be on it...

1991 =

1992 =

1993 =

1994 =

1995 =

1996 =

1997 =

1998 = I wasnt really "into" the scene previous to 1998 so unfortunatly i cant really comment.

1999 = I think here was the most important years in dnb for myself personally. Bad Company imerged. In my opinion Bad Company single hadidly put dnb in position its in today. I think they defo set the foundations of the "modern" day drum and bass.... and did so over the next couple years...

2000 = Andy C. Simply because of his millenium set at the Dome (O2).... and what followed that year for Ram... Atlantis and Titan EPs... FUKIN SICK!

2001 = Shimon & Andy C's Body Rock was probably the biggest tune that year. notable DJs... hmmm not sure... i seem to remember enjoying Mickey Finn alot... and Dylan & Loxys "nightmare ep" was an absolute bomb!!

But yeh thats about sums it up for me...

Anyone have this set???

Had the tape pack but lost a few tapes and never got it on mp3. Its definitely not anywhere online. I would have tracked it down by now. There are other sets from that night online but not the andy c set sadly.

Had the tape pack but lost a few tapes and never got it on mp3. Its definitely not anywhere online. I would have tracked it down by now. There are other sets from that night online but not the andy c set sadly.

Was it World Dance that was repping for the D & B on the Millenium as i know they were in 00/01 NYE as i was there, and that was actually in the Dome unlike the Millenium bash.

1991 = the breakbeat sound evolved from the acid house sound of hardcore kool fm first year as well the end of most illegal raves i think raindance went legit in that year :confused:

1992 = 1992 was the year of pure cheese in hardcore
sl2 was in the charts seduction hardcore heaven got in the top 20
hardcore was was getting recognised world wide
pepole like hype,dougal,ss were getting gigs in switzerland Australia
don fm first year as well

1993 = 1993 great year events like one nation started
hyper d 's year this one the sound was changeing the term jungel and happy hardcore was getting used

1994 = scene split to jungel and happy hardcore but dnb djs were still playing happy hardcore till end of 94 when happy hardcore change to the vocal sound
the year of quest at the clue club big year ratty and tango year as well jungle began to gain mainstream at the very end of 1994
shy fx in the charts

1996 = jungle became drum and bass and the year of intelligent dnb kool fm started in brum
big year fabio and grooverider moved to radio 1and LTJ Bukem year as well

1997 = year of hardstep roni size in the charts

1998 = hyper d pass away the jump up sound was evolving

1999 = worst in in dnb because how UK garage was getting bigger in uk
lot pepole were saying dnb was only in bristol lol bad year and the sound was very dark bk then

2000 = shit year never like that year

2001 = year of liquid funk kool fm in brum stoped

could go more into detail
cba sorry :rinsed:

Back
Top Bottom