To many internet radio stations

DJESCAPE

VIP Junglist
Seems to be a new one everyone weeks with a whole heap of spamming.. Dj Bathroom and Mc Kitchen with the best dubplates you've never heard before...

True, but it allows people who before couldnt get a set to the masses, to be able to stream from their own set ups across the world.

Quality control amongst the djs is probly an issue, but it shows the scenes growing in other areas to me.

Seems to lack the passion the pirate radio crews have though.

The good ones will survive because the listeners will keep coming back, and they will be able to get some sort of advertising revenue ( eventually)...the crap ones will never get off teh ground, and will have a dead chat rooom. Simple really, but everyone deserves a chance even if it makes it harder for everyone to succeed. That is teh way of DnB ...you could go as far as to say "too many DJ's and MC's" but then they keep the scene alive with thair enthusiam..the Dj's buy the tunes..their enthusiam of the music means they probably go to events..it all kind adds up...anyways who cares if ya make it, as long as you get a few good plays and have some fun. The jobs at the top are all taken anyway

dno dont really know of any to listen to, but too many is never a bad thing in my opinion but if there shit like you say.....used to rinse ruffradio abit

I think its a vital part of the industry, i mean it shows talent from around the country ether local or international, but yeah it can be way too much if there is like 10 diff radio stations in one part of the country.

yeah there is way to many that are shit! does anyone listen to dnbheaven?

its all about community dude, ive played dnbheaven for almost a year, sure we dont get most listeners (100-150 av) but the regulars are cool guys, ive had a great laugh with them and we all enjoy playing.

i say stfu :twisted:

Yer i was on live4vibez but that has been shut down recently! I know sumone who does 2 sets a week on krisis n he said he could hook me up wiv one of them! i hope!

hear what your saying Escape... theres so many out there at the moment...

I used to be on www.ukrumble.com... which at the time was the one of... if not THE best internet based radio station. Was running for nearly 12 years before it shut down. After we left rumble we joined a few other internet stations... ASR, DARK WAX, NKDBTZ, RUTHLESS SOUNDZ..... but to be honest... theres absolutly no point doing a internet based station anymore..... the whole "exclusivity" has gone... any tom dick and harry can get on a e-station...

Its not like pirate radio.. where you actually have to be good to get on one... the people who play on e-stations usually dont have the same drive and determination DJs/MCs have on a pirate station....

Anyway... moral of the story is.... if some DJ contacted me to play at my event and said "im on... asr, dark wax, phatbeatz, big bad heavy bold bass station blah blah blah" it really wouldnt impress me.... it would have done a few years back.....

Rant Over....

Back
Top Bottom