To introduce myself

9 months you say...........must be something in the water I guess.

fun-game-1, the sound is fairly pop/dancefloor, but the sequencing and the use of samples is awesome. Sounds really well put together. Very nice tune.

Shaman-king, again solid

As far as song writing/structure you don't put a foot wrong in either tune. While I'm not necessarily feeling all the sounds/patches you've used, there's no denying they're solid as hell.

Great work.

Thank you much Trawler for taking the time to listen and give me an opinion. I'm glad it sounds good to you! I'm using lots of vst, I think have a good ear but I'm missing technical skills (should learn how to EQ correctly etc...) I'm working on it =D. Just listenned your soundcloud page, I like the four tunes on it, very special hehe. And your sound is clean and clear. Hope I'll get that level soon. :D

ur first track, i realy like it, its like a mash-up of several genres from the past 20 years! the vocals used the pads the synths all the samples represent something for me and i think you've put it all 2gether realy well, for 9 months its very impressive :)
the second track, shaman king, other than some EQ'ing on the pads/chords, and take the reverb down a bit, its taking up too much space, but again impressive for 9 months, im not overly keen on the drums and there seems to be some snares in the background i can hear poking out, not sure if its intentional?
Anyway it seems you've picked this up realy well for the time you've been doing it keep it up!

Many thanks man! Really glad of the positive comment and the advices. I think the first track is the best I've done till now. Maybe I'll rework on Shaman king when I'll have time. You're right about the reverb, I should change that, and about the snare.. hemm, I think I know what you mean, I should check the file to see how I worked loll. Guess I let it like that cuz it sounded good to me XD! Thanks again for the advice, that's really cool!!

Many thanks man! Really glad of the positive comment and the advices. I think the first track is the best I've done till now. Maybe I'll rework on Shaman king when I'll have time. You're right about the reverb, I should change that, and about the snare.. hemm, I think I know what you mean, I should check the file to see how I worked loll. Guess I let it like that cuz it sounded good to me XD! Thanks again for the advice, that's really cool!!

i'm not saying take it out or anything, whatever it is, if it sounded good then it can still have a place, just on my speaks it seems to creep out inconsistantly leaving me wandering what it is :P
That first track though, im not sure if you have done it intentialy but i can hear alot of influence and you have made it gel very well!

Yeah with some good Eq'in these two tracks will be awesome. You definately got the right ideas flowing, you just need to learn how to 'gel' those ideas together.

That will come with time though, dont try and rush it, you'll only hinder yourself in the long run. Just continue throwing these good ideas together, then once you have mastered mixdown techniques you can go back and polish these little bad boys up.

Look forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the best, most helpful, friendly drum and bass forum on the internet!

Yeeha ^^! Thanks guys for the friendly welcome! Will follow the advices, I'll take the right time. Slowly but surely =). And I won't forget to check the members stuff, sure I'll learn a lot with you all! =D

easy now... got vibe on this!! feeling the synths and effects... nice vocal and drum chops on the break down. one thing im noticing is that you seem to have 2 snare drums, layerd together, but there attack time is slightly different like theyre hitting at slightly different points, i dont know if anyone else noticed that so it might not matter but for me just think they should be lined up, i reckon it wouldnt hurt to have a few breaks in the background but then i seem to say that alot... :) ok thats enough these are good tunes man, really just the technical aspects of production that are holding this back yagetsme. Drums are gonna take lots more workings.

Yeeha ^^! Thanks guys for the friendly welcome! Will follow the advices, I'll take the right time. Slowly but surely =). And I won't forget to check the members stuff, sure I'll learn a lot with you all! =D

If only you realised how true that comment is!

Seriously, when I 1st came on here I didnt have a clue about mixdowns or anything to do with sequencing / drops / breaks etc etc....But I was made to feel welcome, and even though I asked some really stupid questions, alot of the guys and gals on here took the time to explain stuff to me without the technical jargon! If it wasnt for this place, and the wonderful people on here I wouldnt be anywhere near where I am in my productions. Now, I wont say I'm the bast, but I'm a damn sight better than what I was a year ago!

Exactly Lucid, I often work with different snare layers , I should be more careful with the synchronisation of it! That's a detail but it's important, thank you for pointing this out and for your opinion! I will work harder on the quality of the drums. =D (btw I'm a girl, but hem, nevermind ;) loll).

Edit: Prophet, sure I feel it's the right place to be ;). And be prepared because I'll surely ask stupid questions too hahaha!! But I'll try to help how I can even with my little skillz X)

Last edited:
Exactly Lucid, I often work with different snare layers , I should be more careful with the synchronisation of it! That's a detail but it's important, thank you for pointing this out and for your opinion! I will work harder on the quality of the drums. =D (btw I'm a girl, but hem, nevermind ;) loll).

Should've never said that lol! Now you is gonna be hounded by the likes of Logikz for some pics lol!

Back
Top Bottom