To all Producers! Would you be interested in a Remix Comp with my new track?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Hey Guys :)

Hope all is well! You may or may not know me around here. I am called Jordan and have been producing for about 5 months now. I have been learning a lot and have even released an EP :) (Independently)

Now I know my tracks are not the best of productions but for me music is all about fun, and I have an idea that should be fun if people are keen to take part! :)

I have just finished a new track:

It's called "F**k!". In the near future I want to release this track as a single alongside a VIP of it on my Bandcamp page. I thought it would also be totally cool if I released a free set of remixes on the same day. These remixes could be created by you guys. I will choose 2 or 3 of my favourites and release them on my Bandcamp page :D If you like the sound of the idea let me know in this thread and I will get a comp up and running :) I just wanted to know that there would be a decent amount of interest before I made stems and everything.

Hope my idea makes sense! Let me know if there is any confusion.

Jordan

Last edited:
Track had a nice intro, I thought, quite ambient.

The most amateurish track I've heard in weeks.

No need to act like a cunt. If you didn't like it and don't have any constructive criticism then it's best to just keep to yourself.

Sounds fun. Could we be creative with our remix? Or are you looking to see who puts the best mix together?

Thanks for the nice comments ;)

IV4 - Of course man! :) as long as it does sound like a remix of the track to some extent you can do what ever you like :D be that add completely new parts, change up the genre, add your own vox, whatever! :) I will likely judge them by who has been most creative and produced the most interesting sounding remix, that is if this goes underway of course.

Jordan

i can see what revtech is saying, ther arent really alot of elements to the track so it would be quite difficult to make a remix as such, maybe have you any other tunes with a bit more character.
maybe a vocal, stand out percussion ect?.

always game to giv a remix on the go, after all im only starting out aswell. (y)

Cheers man, I have been listening to the track again...

I do see where people are coming from. My trouble is that I never spend long enough on a track, maybe a week at a real push! So, I am still keen on getting a new tune out and getting a bunch of remixes out alongside. However, I think I am going to have a bash at making a new track, this time a D&B one. I will probably make another thread like this in a few weeks or so with a new tune ;)

Thanks for all the interest though! I definatley want to get a competition up and running now :)

afraid to say, the appeal of competitions, mainly comes from the fact that peoples entries are heard by top producers, and the oppertunity to work with professional track stems

i'd suggest you could keep doing what you are doing, have fun with the music, and find a few people to do collaborations with, your track is very basic, as already said, theres nothing to remix, but theres no reason why you couldnt do a collaboration with someone else, and then release a track with them, personally i wouldnt want to be listed simply as a remixer if that is all i had to work with to start off with, coz thats only half an hours work for someone who's been producing for a a little while

have fun with the music man, get a few collaborations going and you'll soon be making sum interesting noises :) gotta run before you can fly, keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom