Tired of white noise raises

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
I think I've done this before the drop of every tune I've ever made and im just so tired of it and its boring. That or a pitching up sound before it goes boom. I guess I could go and get some samples for that kind of effects but I like synthesizing my own sounds really. And without that kind of thing it also gets dull, so basically it gets dull either way haha.

Been experimenting since I came home from work trying to make something cool that I havent done before but I guess when I've done it for so long its hard to think outside of the box if u know what I mean..

Got any inspiration for me? How do you guys go about building up the tension before the bangarangrang.

I had the same problem a while back. It's all I was doing. Try listening to alot of various genres and hear how they build to the drop. I quite like the slow building over a period of say around 16 - 32 bars, bringing in various elements, leading to a false drop, which is infact a small silence, a drum roll then into the real drop!

I could do that! silence is good. Not sure on the noise pitching down tho, that feels more like an "time to take it ezz"- thing to me. See what I mean with not being able to think btw? haha

Sounds like a cool thing fletch! Kind of adds to marklars idea a bit. God, Feels like I've almost stopped listening to music since I started producing. I'ma take a break day anytime soon and just see what other kids are doing cheers for the tips!

Last edited:
Just make a mashed up version of all the sounds your using on the actual drop and have the elements coming in with automation on reverbs and filters and what not at an exponential rate leading up to the drop

I once heard a detuned pad getting tuned, so the beating pattern disappeared coming up to the drop. That was pretty nice, especially if you are used to tuning a guitar or something.

Instead of risers, try something that falls. Closing a low pass filter on the drums is common, as are vinyl stop effects that go wwiiieeerrrooughhhh...

Clever drum fills also work wonders (can be used with risers too of course). Try something like a snare roll: fade in a bar of 16th notes, then for the bar before the drop, play eight 16th notes, then three 8note triplets, then two 8 notes.. This will sound like it is slowing down and is a great lead into a drop or a fill leading into a pause..

listen to some house music - loads of build ups.
sure most are just kick drum speeding up - but not all.
grab some inspiration from there.

made a nice pre-drop the other day. had a pianno rif that ended in an echo - kept repeating the echo fast an faster until BOOM
add a little drum roll in the background. well i thought it was nice anyway.
:)

Some great tips here guys! Just tried out the thing with the detuned pad Innovine, pretty cool thing really. Perhaps not for the track that im working on atm but thats one I'll defo keep in mind for the future. :)

I recently made a pretty dope intro(at least in my opinion). It started with a pad. Getting closer to the drop, I added a bassline which was essentially a scale downwards played in individual notes and progressing in speed. I also added the usual stuff like white noise filter sweep and chopped up breaks, but the bass was really the thing that made it sound fresh, I think.

I made a riser the other day by automating one of the wavetables in massive, added a pitch riser, then sent that into an opening high pass filter

then automated phaser, flanger and lfo rate

sounded pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom