Tips for travelling to London for 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'UK Underground' started by dorothea, Sep 1, 2010.

1. dorothea

dorothea New Member

Hi! I'm an undergrad and I'm going to London for a 2 months internship in the end of June. It would be great if you could answer these questions for me:
    1. Would a Nokia N72 from India work for sims in UK?
    2. What would you consider the cheapest sim for calling India? I found Vodafone quite interesting with 5 p per minute.
    3. Do you think a jeans jacket will do for the weather?
    4. As for rainfall, would you recommend a rain coat or an umbrella?
    5. Since I will be travelling by the Underground, should I go for the Oyster monthly or stick with plain Oyster Visitor?
    6. When I arrive at Heathrow, can I go by the Underground to the main city with all my luggage in tow?
    7. What would be the cheapest food available in Southwark (esp near King's College Guy's Campus) and Bounds Green (where I might be staying)?

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

1. Would a Nokia N72 from India work for sims in UK? No idea
    2 . What would you consider the cheapest sim for calling India? I found Vodafone quite interesting with 5 p per minute. that is interesting!
    3. Do you think a jeans jacket will do for the weather? the weather will be most pleased with ur choice, i'd recommend more than 1 set of clothes! personal hygine in the uk is a must!
    4. As for rainfall, would you recommend a rain coat or an umbrella? both!
    5. Since I will be travelling by the Underground, should I go for the Oyster monthly or stick with plain Oyster Visitor? just buy a travelcard

6. When I arrive at Heathrow, can I go by the Underground to the main city with all my luggage in tow? yes!

7. What would be the cheapest food available in Southwark (esp near King's College Guy's Campus) and Bounds Green (where I might be staying)? tesco value curry sauce is 8p, man thats cheap and i bet it tastes it too!