Tips For Recording Vocals

Mattix

Sub Focus anyone?
VIP Junglist
Alright peeps. How do?

Ive got an MC coming over to record some vocals on sat for a hip hoppy sort of electro track ive done. Just wondered if anyone had any tips. Im recording them in my bedroom into Logic.

use a pop killer, make sure you have loads and loads of takes so u can pick n choose the very best bits, whats the acoustics in ur room like?

dont really know but would like to hear sample of it once its rolling, pm me.

Will do mate, pretty happy with the track itself so fingers crossed the vocals will turn out ok!

use a pop killer, make sure you have loads and loads of takes so u can pick n choose the very best bits, whats the acoustics in ur room like?

not to bad man but at the sametime its still a bedroom so its not the greatest but hopefully it'll work. You done much vocal work before?

Cheers mate, gunna check it now!

make a make shift vocal booth in your wardrope...you want to lay the vocals down as clean as possible..u can always add efects on but not take anything off.
make the vocalist comfortable, the more at ease they are the better they will perform.
take lots of takes....dont worry about making them do something over and over again..its thier job :D

Will do mate, pretty happy with the
not to bad man but at the sametime its still a bedroom so its not the greatest but hopefully it'll work. You done much vocal work before?

not THAT much but i've recorded a few tunes with my own vocals (even sang on one tune lmao!) tbh i heavily process most my vox anyways depending on the tune eg one i used a lot of distortion and some detuning to make those keith flint prodigy like shouting vocals and other more melow ones i drenched in reverb and delay etc

let us hear it when ur done mate! :D

make a make shift vocal booth in your wardrobe

This.

Open the wardrobe doors, set the mic stand up infront of the wardrobe door and hang a thick duvet over each of the doors to stop refraction.

What mic are you using? You'll need a decent condenser mic to get good results.

Back
Top Bottom