Tips for making minimal oldskool techstep like this tune...?

Hello,
I think thatChicago condominiums you shouldn't think of producing like playing an instrument. It's far more fun to hit pads than to arrange a pattern dragging and clicking, but the fun in producing is not here imo.
The real thing that should gives wood is when you listen to what you have made and you are like "wow it sounds cool".

Last edited:
anyone can make house its just done with a synthesiteser they just press one button right, you can tell, cos its all just 'boom ts boom ts boom ts' and a girl singing and there are no guitars or real instruments or anything. its sooo easy to make a top hit record and make a million with house

Hello,
I think that you shouldn't think of producing like playing an instrument. It's far more fun to hit pads than to arrange a pattern dragging and clicking, but the fun in producing is not here imo.
The real thing that should gives wood is when you listen to what you have made and you are like "wow it sounds cool".

haha see what ya did thar.

raging boy

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

that was some good house man!

no, that's shitty house until there is some "don't leave me" lyrics

Hey Logikz,

you gave us a track to follow but nothing after, i didn't find the real difference between disto and overdrive. In fact most people seems to think it's the same shit.
Personally, i never put my faders above 0. It's too messy after and you can't amplify so much. Usually i amplify directly the stem in cubase or i put a vintage warmer or something like that. Sometimes, if i have some pluggins opened in insert mode on this track, i use the volume output of one of them to boost.

Thx mate

When I was looking for free overdrive plugs I didn't really find what I wanted, then I realised it was saturation I was after.

Ferric tds (very subtle warmer)

TAL Tube (tube amp sim)

JB Ferox (tape simulator)

CM Fuzz (camel audio overdrive, comes on the Computer Music dvd) this is more obvious distortion but subtle settings can give a bit of punch without being to obvious.

You can crank TAL Tube and Ferox to be blatant, or you can find a more subtle setting then put 2, 3 or 4 instances of the plug in series to get a subtler, warmer boost.

Also a parallel channel with a down sampler/bit reduction plug mixed back in to the master drum bus can give a good sound (for my tastes anyway)

When I was looking for free overdrive plugs I didn't really find what I wanted, then I realised it was saturation I was after.

Ferric tds (very subtle warmer)

TAL Tube (tube amp sim)

JB Ferox (tape simulator)

CM Fuzz (camel audio overdrive, comes on the Computer Music dvd) this is more obvious distortion but subtle settings can give a bit of punch without being to obvious.

You can crank TAL Tube and Ferox to be blatant, or you can find a more subtle setting then put 2, 3 or 4 instances of the plug in series to get a subtler, warmer boost.

Also a parallel channel with a down sampler/bit reduction plug mixed back in to the master drum bus can give a good sound (for my tastes anyway)

this is an awesome tip

Back
Top Bottom