timestretching

redskin

redskin beatz
hi guys. i was wondering if there is a way to timestretch in reason. i ask, because if i want to layer a break under my drums, it is 2 fast or slow. or do u think pitch changing is the only way 2 do it. i can do it very precisely in acid, but dnb tunes always show up as 80-90 bpm instead of 160-170ish(dunno why), so it would b very time consuming to do it this way. sorry if i dont make much sense, ive been up all night with my newborn. thnx

hi guys. i was wondering if there is a way to timestretch in reason. i ask, because if i want to layer a break under my drums, it is 2 fast or slow. or do u think pitch changing is the only way 2 do it. i can do it very precisely in acid, but dnb tunes always show up as 80-90 bpm instead of 160-170ish(dunno why), so it would b very time consuming to do it this way. sorry if i dont make much sense, ive been up all night with my newborn. thnx

Use Recycle mate, slice and dice, load in Dr Rex should be ok then...

How do you mean tunes always "show up" as 80-90 bpm? Put up a few more details about how your setting up your reason file, what instruments your using etc and I'll try help (y)

He means when he loads his break in Acid it shows as 80-90 bpm... i think

Ahhhhh. If thats the case, then just time strech them to half of what you want them at, so If you want it at 180bpm, stretch it to 90bpm. Or like rippa says, using something like Recycle will let you load the loops into Dr.Rex and change the bpm inside reason, bit less hassle that way aswel.

thnx guys. yeah. even dnb tunes ive made at 170 bpm, show up as 80-90 in acid and BPM analyzer. cant afford recycle yet. guess itll jus b a case of timestretching in acid, with some trial n error. thnx

Have a search for some Rex2 files on google aswel, theres plenty around for free download. That way you can load them straight into Dr.Rex and the tempo will alter to match your tune.

Back
Top Bottom