Time Traveller spotted in 1928 with mobile phone?

Moskit

:rodigan:
I would say its 100% real.

& there is definately a time travelling woman talking on a mobile phone at a Charlie Chaplin Premiere in 1928.

Also, there was no Holocaust.

jmzmaloney

ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS
Check this out, the Moonwalk being done in 1885. Definitely some crazy things afoot

Last edited by a moderator:

Gloxxy

I SNORT COAL
VIP Junglist
Also, there was no Holocaust.
This is true. Charlie Chaplin defeated Hitler and his Henchman by mounting the back of a wookie and reciting Avé Maria in both Tenor and Soprano at the same time causing a rip in the time space continuum right underneath Hitler's seat just after he finished his speech at Nuremburg.

richie_stix

gomby plz
VIP Junglist
ok, i'm going to be seriously for a moment... even if she did go back and did take a phone, the fuck is she talking too?

there were no mobile networks to connect too!

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
On the DVD extras for Charlie Chaplin's 'The Circus', a woman is spotted in the background at the movie's premiere in 1928 and appears to be talking on a mobile phone.
so there u have it god damn it

spiderfran286

"Yes, squid pro roe..."
VIP Junglist
ok, i'm going to be seriously for a moment... even if she did go back and did take a phone, the fuck is she talking too?

there were no mobile networks to connect too!
maybe shes using her mobile to dictate her findings William Shatner/Captain Kirk style............."seems.....to be...some...sort of film premier.....i'm....stuck...in...1928.....need to....get back in touch with the doctor....."

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
sorry to burst your theory but...

Cell phones are useless without infrastructure like cell towers / carriers / or sattelites. I kinda doubt virgin is sending people to history to build infrastructure so people can tweet their location at a chaplin premier?

Might it be a walkie talkie?

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
sorry to burst your theory but...

Cell phones are useless without infrastructure like cell towers / carriers / or sattelites. I kinda doubt virgin is sending people to history to build infrastructure so people can tweet their location at a chaplin premier?

Might it be a walkie talkie?
On the one show the other day, they were on about during the second world war, how they made masts and adapted walkie talkies so they could exstend the distance you could recieve signal from.

Guess what for?

So women doing the shopping would phone other women and tell them what shops had sold out of stuff.

Not quite the same, but the same idea as a mobile.

They were also on about (not sure when, but the film was in colour so late 50s/early 60s I imagine) video calling. It was a huge arse machine, not a phone, but it was the same idea as video calling on mobiles nowadays.

pitts

VIP Junglist
if someone did time travel wouldnt they of made n impact on the future in a way so that someone could of already done it and no one realised.

Also if some did travel back in time and sure it would of be something that people back then would have made a record of so we all would of known that someone had already done it.