Time Traveler - Zombie Dawn (orig + vocal), A 1993 darkside choon!

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by 1992, Feb 22, 2004.

1. 1992

1992 Novantadue

It was Friday night, I had just finnished wrapping up the left overs of the new Pizza Hut novelty pie and I had this one tune from that 1993 Easygroove set running through my head. The one that he plays right before Kanata "Soul", the one with that amen break that pitches up right before the snare and then back down after the snare. I always thought that sounded so damn cool, shame I don't know the name of that tune but thats a different story.

Anyway I thought I would "try" to make that amen loop pattern in Acid and see what I came up with. I made the loop out of one of my many actual "amen brother" winstons 45s and I used Freeagent's recommendations for compressing the break. It came out sounding pretty nice but I wasn't satisfied. So I then started building loops and more loops, till I had enough to construct a whole track. I compressed just about every individual sound this time in the hopes that it would make the overall track sound more uniform. I also found more uses for this one RPG/First person shooter demo game that I downloaded on my old computer that I was unable to run. From that game I was able to save all of the ingame sounds and so the melodies in this track come from there. I have a feeling the game was Hexan 2 but I'm not certain.

I originally called this one "Easygroove" but then I realized the tune had a real jungle/congo feel with a supernatural edge so I changed the name to reflect the old zombie movies I love so much. I also wanted to do another version of the tune but I didn't want to spend much more time on it so I cheesed my way out of that by slapping in some zombie movie samples. So the vocal version is more of a "panic" tune like Scotty and the original is more of an atmospheric tune.

Download:
    Zombie Dawn (Original) 96kbps MP3
    Zombie Dawn (Vocal) 96kbps MP3

Let me know what you think.... I "think" the bass drum might be too loud?

2. 1992

1992 Novantadue

No ones feeling this one? *GASP* *SHOCK* *HORROR*

3. freeagent

freeagent Almost 30

Hadn't seen the post, d/ling now...

4. 1992

1992 Novantadue

Hmmmmm..........ok! :2thumbs:

Anyone else? I thought this one would be more of a hit with replies anyway. Its more of a traditional dark jungle tune meaning no 4/4 beats, chipmonks, or crazy riffs. *shrug*

5. 1992

1992 Novantadue

6. Naibu

Naibu Member

Not a really a 1992 old skool connaisseur,
    but I would say nice old skool flavour in this one.

7. 1992

1992 Novantadue

8. fnintl

fnintl New Member

This message is not available.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  9. 1992

1992 Novantadue