Time to change my daw???

dj mirry

Is it me or does fl studio sound muddy as compared to daw's like Ableton live? Personally i prefer fl studio as i know it and its quicker get a beat down but i've always struggled getting the sound crisp and clear, but when I've done a track in ableton it sounds alot crisper without much effort..

Or can both daws be rewired?

My mate uses FL......theres four of us who co-own our label and we all use diff daws.....Funnily enough we always comment on how crisp hes work is.....take a listen and then see if it changes your mind....

btw hes signed to cabbie's label, ashatacks label, jaybee's label and of course the stuff he puts out on our label.....i think its safe to say its how you use it.....Hit him up for advice aswell, hes a nice guy

www.soundcloud.com/robertheather

My mate uses FL......theres four of us who co-own our label and we all use diff daws.....Funnily enough we always comment on how crisp hes work is.....take a listen and then see if it changes your mind....

btw hes signed to cabbie's label, ashatacks label, jaybee's label and of course the stuff he puts out on our label.....i think its safe to say its how you use it.....Hit him up for advice aswell, hes a nice guy

www.soundcloud.com/robertheather

Thanks mate....i'll deffo be asking questions lol

Spor uses Fruityloops, so nope, cant say its down to fl muddying things up, just need more practice using the tools. that said, Ableton is awsome, well worth the switch!

as for daw's sounding the same, they definitly dont, Cubase audio engine vs Ableton is the easiest example to check; you might be suprised by the diffrence! cubase is warm in comparison, wether thats a good thing depends on your perspective

as for daw's sounding the same, they definitly dont, Cubase audio engine vs Ableton is the easiest example to check; you might be suprised by the diffrence! cubase is warm in comparison, wether thats a good thing depends on your perspective

I really doubt this theory would hold up in a proper test.

I really doubt this theory would hold up in a proper test.

its not a theory, its 10+ years engineering sound, using various daw's including cubase, neundo, cakewalk, pootools, reason and ableton

every audio engine is implemented diffrently, that is why they dont sound the same, just the same as every AD/DA sounds diffrent, sure the mathmatics is basically the same, but that doesnt change the subtle diffrences which affect how it sounds

Bro, stick w/ the DAW you got. I've been using MuLab for some months now, and now I'm really getting to know it like the back of my hand. You should just find a DAW you feel comfortable fully learning, and get all the knowledge you can regarding making the sounds, composing etc. in that DAW, 'cuz a lot of that will transfer to any other DAW you use.

But if you switch from DAW to DAW too often too quickly, you slow down a lot on what you learn 'cuz you gotta take time to learn how that DAW functions before you can pick back up.

various daw's including cubase, neundo, cakewalk, pootools, reason and ableton

Good work. I would call it that too.

As for the question, i think it's already been answered but In FL Studio, the native plugins and especially their presets are very unique to FL Studio. Also the interface and feature in FL are very different from other DAWS. This gives you a different way to work and when working between DAW's, unless you are fully focused on what you are doing, you may get a different structure and as for the difference in plugins, FL's Harmor and Sytrus are great for DnB and Dubstep. I would recommend sticking with what you know especially since FL's sequencer and piano roll is much much better than any other DAW for producing drum loops

Back
Top Bottom