Time Stretching Vocals - Software needed...

Discussion in 'Production' started by ruksi, May 2, 2010.

1. ruksi

ruksi Member

Easy peeps

Im using Reason 4, so have no facility to time-stretch a vocal im working on at the moment.

Any suggestions on free software I can download to do this?

Thanks in advance junglists....

2. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

Same problem here, i use reason. You can download the demo of Ableton and do it, but exporting and saving is disabled.

Maybe you could cut up the track and put all the individual words or pieces into the NN-XT sampler then draw in where you want them to be played. some times this works much of the time it wont.

I don't know what kind of audio you have and what type of stretching you want.

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

no no, get akaizer and paul stretch, trust me on this

4. ruksi

ruksi Member

@DJ Pancake - Yea man thats what ive been doing on a previous track I was working on - but this next tune is a seriously long vocal so really cant be arsed in chopping it up in Audacity...

@Logikz - heavyweight. jus dowloaded them. proper sick geezer nice one!

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. thechemist

thechemist New Member

You do know that you don't need software to do it? You can do it in Reason just using an NN19 and some automation mate, I can link you to a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm-CxLz-nrU

Hope that helps or is sort of what you were after? Let me know if you can't get it to work but unless you're special needs you'll be like "aaaaaaaa that's how"

6. ruksi

ruksi Member

haha yeaa man thats cool nice one for the link. its a clever and useful technique to know...

my vocal is about 3mins long tho, so im having the problem of getting it in time with my beat... i know in Ableton its easy to sort out as you can move the marker's on the vocal channel to get bang on... but i dont see how you can do that in Reason as it doesnt show the 'waves' - only the key its running on... its all good tho bro cuz akaizer is pretty sick as it will stretch it to the percentage i need it

7. DJPancake

DJPancake NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED

ya, only works on some stuff, better used with sounds and drums, not vocals.