Time Strecting vocals

thesunsetsdown

Quick question,

I use Fruity Loops and was wondering if there is a a VST plug-in or something equivalant that I can use to time strech vocals into my tracks, Rather than doing the stretches through acid.

Thanks

dont know of any VST plugins that do timestretching.... that wouldnt really make sense from a real-time perspective. To be honest mate Acid is probably still the best option.... it's piss easy and it's timestretching algorithm is pretty shit hot (it's basically what acid was designed for). Apart from that, wave editors such as wavelab and soundforge have time stretching options, but you'll need to do the maths to work out how much to time stretch it by.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by SiH
people are still time stretching vocals??? :sleep:

Well yea if you take a hip hop acappela thats 85 bpm and through it on a jungle track thats 180 bpm, you would have to stretch or pitch those vocals another 5 bpms faster inorder to make the sequence sound right. or you could slow down the jungle track, but eh I that is not what I'm looking to do.

I use the Soundforge time/pitch stretch

an easy way to work out the sums:

you've got a 160bpm sample, and a 180bpm tune (for example)

160/180 = 0.88888888

ie, you'll have to adjust the original sample to be 0.8888 a percentage of its original speed, thus speeding it up to the desired tempo

hope this is of use!

Logic and Pro Tools do time stretching aswell - and i would hazard a guess that other big sequencers do (Sonar, Performer etc etc).

@SiH : Yes people are still time stretching vocals, do you have a better idea?????

Other things that can time stretch: Audio workstations such as Korg Triton and Yamaha Motif - although ive never actually used either of those...

Originally posted by GorDo

Does it???:confused: How???:confused:
I've been using Cubase ( VST 32) for coupla years now...never new it could time stretch......ARGHHHH!!!........:fuckinpc:

Right click whatever wav you want to process and then choose Process-> and you'll see a bunch of options, including the time stretch.

Say you import the vocal .wav - now, the wav is in the sequencer under track "audio 01" or whatever - right-click the .wav and choose process - you'll see what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom