snares?

• tight

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • splashy

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • depends

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
if i use snares, then i like the snare to sound good with the kick, like they're both fom the same drum kit. so it entirely depends on the whole feel of the break, because i start with the kick and work from there

there are a billion sounds out there, the ear is by far the most complex sensual organ, so i think everything is just context, so it depends. There is no absolute sound aesthetics in music, just how u put things together. I heared just sphink challenge tune, and didnt thougt that so ugly noises could match with a acoustic string sample. Now imagine this would happen in a classic orchestra. Open mouths in the whole audience, but here in this context it simply works. Ask sphinx why :D Tight/splashy snares, with some basslines, kicks they will just not match. I think the more important question is why some instruments dont work together, but thats something i trying to figure out myself presently. If u make acoustic music in rock jazz band, experience over decades just shows which instruments match, making electronic music with every possible sound imaginable with synths its really hard to solve this. Im struggling hard at the moment to find a good pad, reese, matching with present lead. A theory for this would be cool

Back
Top Bottom