Three CDJ's with Rekordbox, same music source?

Samlovell

Thinking of getting a third deck something like XDJ 700 or another 1000, although I'm confused as to whether you can use the same usb on all three? as I can't see how you would connect up a third deck and incorporate it via link option? may be a stupid question but it's confusing me hah, or would you need 4 so two are linked and you would need 2 usb sources?

Can you even run four XDJ unit's off of one USB? or is that only on CDJ 2000's? Very bad but relevant picture to try and clarify

XDJ LINK.png

I have a small network switch mounted to the underside of my desk that my decks sit on. I think its a 5 port switch. I have it powered, and a network cable running from my laptop and one from each CDJ into a separate port on the switch. When you turn your CDJ's on a 'link' logo should appear at the bottom of rekordbox and you can simply drag and drop tunes onto each player.

I have a small network switch mounted to the underside of my desk that my decks sit on. I think its a 5 port switch. I have it powered, and a network cable running from my laptop and one from each CDJ into a separate port on the switch. When you turn your CDJ's on a 'link' logo should appear at the bottom of rekordbox and you can simply drag and drop tunes onto each player.

I don't use a laptop, probably should have specified hah. I just use the xdj 's and mixer on their own, pretty sure I've seen 3 2000's use on dnbtv stream but yeah I don't know how they did it

I've used 3 cdjs linked by one usb before. They were 2000s - i think it might be to do with having a mixer with a port on as well, or having cable splitters for the ethernet ports

in essence i imagine if you can get splitters, any cdj with a link facility should be able to handle more than one link

I think you can use the same method as what Salvus does (just minus the laptop) which is to use a network switch and just plug the 3 XDJ's into this. I have seen a mixer plugged into a network switcher before with 2 CDJ's but I think that was only to quantize all the mixer effects with the tracks that had been analysed through Rekordbox.

Back
Top Bottom