Thread got deleted while I was posting...Sleep Apnea - Serious...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by D BREAKNECK, Jan 18, 2010.

1. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

I've had that too. Sleep Apnea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea. I wasn't aware of it (cos I was fast asleep,) but I've been woken by my ex shaking me cos she noticed I'd stopped breathing.

I've never woke up choking or in any discomfort tho. But, I believe it can kill you, if you were lying face down or had covers over your face etc...:rinsed:

I've had the sleep paralysis thing too, once or twice, that is quite scary.

& You can choke on your own tongue, I'z a qualified 1st aider and it's one of the first things you check for if someone ain't conscious / not breathing.

2. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

There's some kind of sleep mask you can get to help with it.

3. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

Ur right Breakneck. I may have Sleep Apnea. There is far more to this post than that.I troll, but that was fucked up by Moskit & a few other monkey see monkey do posters.
    Was hoping for some sort of adult discussion. So thanks to them who saw that

4. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

i get sleep paralasys too mate, really fucking scary, like someone is tryint to strangle you... used to freak me out but iv learn to live with it now haha

5. Radius

Radius Give me back my passport u slags

sleep paralysis is something else I get. usually a dark form or presence holding me down. best not to fight it , gets very fucked up if you do. Try it some time. you'll see.

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

shit i think this means i have it

i sometimes wake up thinking someones trying to strangle me, i have like a 3 second period where i can't do anything, and then i start moving again - happens about 3-4 times within a short period.

had no idea it happened because i stopped breathing though :S

7. jj_afroman

jj_afroman The Notorious N.I.G.

What exactly is sleep paralysis because I think I sometimes suffer from this...? For example sometimes when I'm falling asleep I'll go into this state sort of in between being asleep & being awake. I'll be completely conscious in that I can notice my surroundings and can see everything...but I'm completely paralyzed and cannot move for the life of me. At this point I start freaking out and trying to scream for help but nothing comes out. Eventually I'll come to and snap back awake but while it lasts...it's one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever experienced...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention while I'm in this state of inbetween, I hallucinate like a ma' fucka...giant spiders and ghosts and shit...quite unpleasent!

Am i fucked or do other people experience this too?

8. Scythe

Scythe New Member

My dad suffers from sleep apnea, hope it's not genetic as I wouldn't like to have it! My mum has mentioned that sometimes he has stopped breathing for 30-40 seconds at a time.

9. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

mines kinda like that, its often when i think im still awake like before i fall properly asleep, rahter than spiders and shit though i always think someones trying to smother me and i cant move at all, my mind picks up quickly though and goes na that can't be real and then i can move again :/

10. D BREAKNECK

It doesn't, sleep apnea and sleep paralysis are 2 different thing, I've only had the paralysis a few times, usually (if not always) after hard partying.

When I've had paralysis I've been able to hear sounds & open my eyes but not move, scary the first time it happens, just breathe and not panic.

The strangling / being held down thing is cos you're trying to move but your body isn't responding so it feels like something is pushing you back.

11. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

I sleep shout loads apparantly, used to scare the ex-misses a treat. Never really found out why and it was always just me spouting random shit. Always wondered what triggers this kind of stuff.

12. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

ok paralysis then, either way its not very fun haha.
    interesting topic

13. jj_afroman

It dosen't bother me much anymore but this never works for me...I always get way to freaked out like this one time I was paralyzed or w/e looked at the bottom of my bed and saw my grandfather kinda huddled in the corner like Gollum...he them proceeded to to look at me and jump at my face....sorta like he went through me...I woke up right then and there and needless to say couldn't fall asleep for a solid couple of hours...

14. D BREAKNECK

I've only ever had it as I'm waking up (and is just not being able to move), never had it when drifting off to sleep.

That sounds pretty scary...

15. jj_afroman

Yes, yes it is.

Would be interesting to find out what causes this.

I kind of rely on my T.V. to help me fall asleep...it's kind of a routine at this point. I noticed that when I'm in this state and the T.V. is on...the T.V. world and the real world become one...it's kind of trippy! Like this one time being paralyzed or w/e (yea i know it happens a lot lol) i look at the T.V. and see a car commercial. The commercial has music of course but it was some breakbeaty/uptempo sorta shit. Then i sorta drifted more into sleep and sorta entered the commercial. The music turned into drum & bass but it wasn't like I'd heard it before, it was totally original shit. This was one of my more pleasurable experiences with said disorder or w/e you wanna call it

16. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

I use to get this all the time mate as I was drifting off i can feel myself losing control of my body then suddenly im paralised and I see a kind of dark shadow over me holding me down, worst time was when i was under the covers proper freaked me out lol.
    now i just hallucinate a bit before i sleep, although i kinda do it to myself... its wierd i almost enjoy seein wierd shit like that.

bein paralised before u sleep tho aint fun, and it carries on each time u try and get to sleep again until eventually your body gives up and ko's.
    my mate used to get it real bad, but he said the radio and stuff around the room would switch off and everything, never got it that bad!!

its due to ur body going to sleep whereas ur mind is still active so it does usually happen when you're exhausted!!

17. NastyLimbCheat

NastyLimbCheat Active Member

sleep is some weird shit for sure

i do some random shouting, walking into cuboards, that sort of stuff

if im drunk then i snore loads

someones i see shit in my room, i wake up and shout at what ever it was, realise nothings there and sleep again

amazing

18. DaDarkSide09

DaDarkSide09 Member

Jesus, is that what it's called? Damn I had that exact thing happen to me for the first time maybe 3 weeks ago. It was like i woke up in the middle of the night and there was this "thing" just kind of pinning me down and i couldn't move, i tried shouting with no luck, then i just kind of seemed to snap out of it.... freaked me right out.

Very strange feeling

19. DaDarkSide09

DaDarkSide09 Member

This is the kind of state you need to be in for astral projection i believe.....maybe wrong though.

20. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

you know someone that's experienced that?
    out of body experiences can be triggered by lots of things

one of my old teachers had one.
    he was playing football and he got challenged really badly. he said he suddenly found he was floating about 20 feet above his body, he looked down and could see himself with his leg mangled and lying unconcious.

next thing he knew he woke up in hospital with a triple fracture