Thoughts?

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Hello everyone,
This track will have a local female vocal to go over it. I am pretty much finished with the rough draft version of what the song might sound like without the vocal. There is a possibility all the four to the floor stuff might go out the window, but I am not sure yet. Right now this song is open for some serious critique. Even if your not that good at producing tell me, the best way you can, how I could improve the song or what you thought of it. All advice is welcomed.
Thank you.

I really love the intro, wouldn't change a thing :) Very nice. I'm not sure I like it at 1min in where it gets very trancey (though thats just personal taste), much prefer it at 1.30 (love the fill and changeup you do there). 2nd drop is maybe a bit long to wait for the paino to kick in (7 seconds is a long time!) but I do get the feeling your going for, just seems a bit too much silence. Nice variations around the end. It's obviously a combination of genres as well which I like, though that can also give it a bit of an identity crisis :)

I really can't touch your production, nothing obviously wrong that I can see. Would be interested in what you use and how you eq the piano as that's something I am struggling with atm :)

Nice little tune you got there mate, sounds well produced. Although I will say that those dubstep sounds that come in are pretty generic sounding.

And I would stick with the house beat too. Would like to hear the tune with the vocals added, post it when you get them.

Good job on this! I agree with mr meh, the 4/4 kicks works really well, altho I really like the breakbeat section aswell. Its really cool. Not really sure on the dubstep section tho. ^^

This is going to be great with some vocals I believe!

Woooaw yeah the little drum fill is so fucking nice !! Is it a sample or did u create it ?? It sounds really amazing I love it.
Overall its a pretty nice tune indeed, some sounds i dont really like in it but its personal taste, like the high synth on the first part (first drop).
dubstep part is pretty cool but I agree it sounds generic, more crazyness / surprise would be nice !

thats about it for now, i'll listen to it again in a couple of days or hours to see if i find some more things to say, peace!

Nicely put together.
Little too housey/trancey for my liking. I personally would have ditched the first synth, the old house style one. Then again, might work wonders when the vocal is in.
Like how it breaks down, the drumsteppy parts are better than the housey parts, imo.
Anyhow, keep up the good work buddy. :)

The intro is great, I imagine it will improve a lot with the addition of a vocal. The fill everyone likes is really awesome, but I can't help but feel like maybe all the drums could use a bit more compression to get them to have a bit more impact. And I also think that high piano sound is in need of a few more effects, maybe copy it and send a faint delayed signal to the left side? I dunno... I agree that the dubstep sounds are a bit generic, they could use some further processing. They FIT, they just aren't living up to their fullest potential. The overall structure of the tune is perfect.

Good tune mate, really want to hear it with the vocal in.

love the intro, if only you could take this synth real deep almost dub, then i would be loving it, as it is im feeling it, just not overly keen on the synth sounds sorry mate, layout and everything is spot on tho, just synths arent my cup of tea!

Back
Top Bottom