Thoughts on the new Metal Headz LP.....

HEIST

VIP Junglist
What does everyone think of this lp? Slammin? or not? Personally i think the best 4 tunes are the rufige kru thing, Spellbound, Star revisted and all strung out.....

well, I don't understand all the fuzz that is still being made about metalheadz. Yes they've done alot for dnb back in the days and deserve respect, but i didn't dig their latest releases at all. I haven't played any of the tunes out. Same with this lp. You indeed pick out the best songs that are on, but even then, none of those songs are the real shit. for me, it's a very average lp, like so many labels have them. Many 'so called' real junglists say they bring the future of dnb, but i think that they are 2-3 years behind...

now shoot me :rambo: ;)

wouldnt play every single tune on there, but its a proper album I think.. and the stuff they got coming up is pretty mindblowing if u ask me.. I heard goldie play on friday and the new tunes he had coming up on metalheadz were unbelievable..

not to mention the return of razors edge.. that looks like a solid release imo...!!!!!!

Some good tracks on there, love the Urban Style Music remix, the Loxy & Ink tune and Rhythm Killa, the rest are OK apart from that terrible Pulp Fiction remix.

But like Sin said, the better stuff is the stuff that's coming after the album - Star, Solitaire VIP etc.

coming up on headz

beta 2 12"
concord dawn 12"
blame 12" or ep
hive ep
calyx ep
spirit sinister remix / doc scott unofficial ghost remix - razors edge

Eh, this is a boring group of songs. The Pulp Fiction remix is crap, the Spirit and Danny C stuff sounds like it was made with in 10 minutes with the default soundbank, and Goldie needs to progress - his stuff sounds just like it did in 1994, actually worse.

All Strung Out is good. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Solitare VIP, Razor's Edge shit. Calyx can be good, I loved the last 12" on MDZ. Hive - I still don't find that his stuff has much longevity in the bag. Don't know anything about the Concord Dawn, Beta 2, or Blame stuff - any info?

I do have to see what some of the complaints against metalheaz is coming from alot of UK labels are beginning to blow up with all this media exposure. I just hope all this publicity doesn't affect how labels are going to release tracks. I think its pretty much safe to say that everyone thinks All strung out is only decent track on this triple pack as was the same with the terminator ep (danny c giving the only worthy effort). Stop the madness, no more eps with one good track, no more lps with 2 decent songs!!
(i.e. no more twistem out rmx albums/ mexican rmx lp)

NaturalSelektah said:
I do have to see what some of the complaints against metalheaz is coming from alot of UK labels are beginning to blow up with all this media exposure. I just hope all this publicity doesn't affect how labels are going to release tracks. I think its pretty much safe to say that everyone thinks All strung out is only decent track on this triple pack as was the same with the terminator ep (danny c giving the only worthy effort). Stop the madness, no more eps with one good track, no more lps with 2 decent songs!!
(i.e. no more twistem out rmx albums/ mexican rmx lp)

Yeah mate.... Rinsing on an idea just to make money is a no go - true playaz innovate.

Not too impressed with the LP
Doesn't show any progress whatsoever from their previous albums

The best tune is definatly "All Strung Out" but even that tune ain't that good

Looking forward to Star, Calyx and Solitaire V.I.P though :devilslay

i got this through yesterday and wasn't too impressed. as mentioned above ''all strung out'' is the best tune on it but it's still not an amazing tune. the loxy&ink track i quite like but the rest of it is just average. it's all been done before, nothing new.
i'm trying to force myself to mix the tracks too see if i get into them a bit more, but it aint going to plan.

I think the new Metalheadz LP is poo, nothing new with the sounds whatsoever. :shake:

The LP is good, it's no platinum breakz but i like it. My fav song would have to be pulp fiction rmx most definately. All strung out is good, but not as good as people say. I bet half of you are saying that because you're all over Fresh's balls and wanna be "down" with him. You're at the wrong internet forum.

JimJapBap said:
All strung out is good, but not as good as people say. I bet half of you are saying that because you're all over Fresh's balls and wanna be "down" with him. You're at the wrong internet forum.

:ipfft@u: :finger2:

I think you are on the wrong forum, with an idiotic comment like that.

Back
Top Bottom