Thoughts on the M-Audio Axiom 25 advanced, or other keyboards?

Sinn-R

Hey guys,
I'm looking a stepping up my game for producing, and I was looking at some midi controllers/keyboards. I stumbled across the Axiom 25 which looked really cool and judging by some reviews I think it's a legit good "toy". But once I find something I don't really find anything else that compares to it within the same price range. Could anyone give me a heads up on this?
The keyboard is around € 140 so anywhere around that price would be great.
thx in advance

I can't comment on the axiom, but I got the M-Audio oxygen 25 for Christmas and I love it! Fantastic bit of kit! Really lightweight and durable too!

I've got something very similar to the M Audio Axiom 25, and whilst its pretty good I find I could do with more than 8 controller knobs. I like the look of the Akai MPK25 which has 12 knobs and a load of pads that could be useful too.

I've got something very similar to the M Audio Axiom 25, and whilst its pretty good I find I could do with more than 8 controller knobs. I like the look of the Akai MPK25 which has 12 knobs and a load of pads that could be useful too.

I had the Akai MPK25 and returned that fucker a day later. It LOVES to make Logic crash, and if you accidentally turn a knob within a plugin that was not premapped, it will corrupt your project file upon crashing. The built-in arp, while a good idea, fails to execute properly and often records with a great degree of lag...this coming from a guy using a computer with ludicrous speed.

Sorry wreckd, I'm not trying to attack you personally, but the Akai MPK 25 is nice on paper, shit in practice. Don't get me started about their customer service...or lack thereof...stick with M-Audio or upgrade to Novation.

I can't comment on the axiom, but I got the M-Audio oxygen 25 for Christmas and I love it! Fantastic bit of kit! Really lightweight and durable too!

Yeah I've got the M-audio 49 version & am very happy with it. I was also looking at the Akai brand but decided to go for the brand I trust more and I think it was the right choice. Shame it doesn't have a little drum pad included tho.

I had the Akai MPK25 and returned that fucker a day later. It LOVES to make Logic crash, and if you accidentally turn a knob within a plugin that was not premapped, it will corrupt your project file upon crashing. The built-in arp, while a good idea, fails to execute properly and often records with a great degree of lag...this coming from a guy using a computer with ludicrous speed.

Sorry wreckd, I'm not trying to attack you personally, but the Akai MPK 25 is nice on paper, shit in practice. Don't get me started about their customer service...or lack thereof...stick with M-Audio or upgrade to Novation.

Really? I expected Akai stuff to pretty reliable, but thinking about it I don't own any Akai stuff, although I did have an S2000 sampler back in the 90's, which was pretty awful. Good call though, as I was on the look out for one second hand.

Really? I expected Akai stuff to pretty reliable, but thinking about it I don't own any Akai stuff, although I did have an S2000 sampler back in the 90's, which was pretty awful. Good call though, as I was on the look out for one second hand.
No worries mate. Glad I could save you the trouble. You would think a company known for their classic drum machines would be able to make a half decent midi keyboard...not only is the keyboard bad, but the pads are stiffer than concrete...ironic considering Akai is not for their hit pads on their MPC series, but I digress.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom