Thoughts on Mampi Swft?

djflicky

VIP Junglist
I used to fucking love this guy about 5 yrs ago he used to rip up every rave he played at and every tape pack he was on!!
But now his selection is dated his mixes are suspect although he does try some spectacular shit!!

His mixing is my main worry cause he used to be really tight but now every mix he does seems to slip and ping!! i dont uderstand what has happened to him

Any thoughts???

when i first got into dnb mampi was my main man. the atmosphere he creates at a rave is like none other. i did go off him a little a year a or two ago but seen him recently and really enjoyed his selection. hes gradualy getting rid of all the shit pendulum mixes and is playing some fresh new tunes along with his thumping old classics. he does occasionaly play some very dodgy mixes, but then again i think he makes up for it with some spectacular shit. its good that hes got the balls to try it i think. i dont really listen to him that much on my ipod, but there arent many people id rather see more than him at a rave because him and ic get the crowd going like no one else

loved him from bout 2002 to 2006 then totally went off, never really liked his electro style but since i got older i just didnt like him anymore. fucking sick dj with a lot of fans but just isnt my cup of tea anymore.

yeh mampi is ok much rather listen to a hazard set with trigga spyda n bassman rather than mampi n ic n skibba or sumet :L mampi gd dj tho

mampi swift is heavy az fuck:gun:, hes got loadz of mental tunez that he can't be assed to release like Mampi Swift Phenomia (Kraft Rmx). just wait, Charge recs is on a come back.

hes one fuck off bloke mind isnt he!!brick shit house!mc,d for him down here few years ago lovely bloke not big headed at all and smashed the place up.same thing can really be said about brockie,he was really big for ages now u rarely hear him out or on line ups shame really brockies awsum.

hes one fuck off bloke mind isnt he!!brick shit house!mc,d for him down here few years ago lovely bloke not big headed at all and smashed the place up.same thing can really be said about brockie,he was really big for ages now u rarely hear him out or on line ups shame really brockies awsum.

Come on!!!!! u cant like clean mixing if u think Brockie is any good

Mampi is a pioneer in the mixing league. In terms of mixing the only true double drop kings are Andy C, Randall, Mampi and Friction. Mampi is unique in the way he does things and maximum respect goes to him for being different.
Over the years Mampi has done some of the most memorable mixes Ive ever heard. As you can probably guess by my name I love the tune the one so I love the way he smacks a double drop with it.

My most memorable mampi mixes are:

the pulse & the one
messiah & the one
twist em out & the one
voodoo people & the one
voodoo people & hi-tek
the beginning & alien girl
another planet & alien girl
titan & 26 bass (check out mampi set from pure science - intro is pure sickness)

mampi is sick as fuck, but can disappoint from time to time, but hey, cant all DJ's have off days, im more bothed about when ive got a ticket to see HYPE and he decides he dont wanna show up cuz hes cant be arsed

Back
Top Bottom