Thoughts on 36 Hertz' 'Back to the bass'?

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by DJNitrousUK, Dec 25, 2009.

1. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

What does people think of it? Got it off DNBA Digital and didn't think much of it. Don't mind Paper Cuts VIP, Bladerunner's 'Mercenary Dub' and Serum's 'Badboy' are pretty sick though. 'Step in the gutter' is heavy though I gotta admit.

I didn't think that justified the release though, anyone else's opinions? It seems like Vapour is recycling a bit too, some of the tunes sound too similar. As much as I rate Vapour's production, I aint feeling these.

2. fisher

fisher I've been naughty, I'm banned

same, was tempted to buy this just for 1 or two tunes, decided not to bother

3. danhowe25

danhowe25 Alias

im umming and ahhing about whether to buy on vinyl in full or just download selected tracks for CDJ. im thinking the same as you nitrouys, couple of the tunes sound too similar for me, need some variety!

4. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Worth the money imo.
    HLZ - clampdown is one of my tunes of 09.
    The only tune that grates me slightly is step in the gutter. Not feeling that 100%.
    But everything else on the vinyl release is spot on.
    Romper stomper is just eugh!!!! in a skankingly good way.

5. wordnz

wordnz Member

I bought Serum - Badboy as a separate download. Didn't bother with anything else. Some good tunes though.

6. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Initially really liked it but bored of most of them now, the Top Cat LP is 100 times better. Sorry Vapour.

7. djrowney

djrowney G13 RECORDS/SMOKESCREEN

i like most of it
    romper stomper is huge

8. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

I bought it and all deffenantly not my favorite lp but its fun for mixin around the house

9. wicket2008

wicket2008 Member

romper stomper was the only track i liked
    the rest just bored me to tears

10. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

was going to buy it, but had a listen through and too many sounded the same, especially Vapours tracks

so I only bought Romper Stomper, Cut Paper, Badboy and To the Massive.

11. H*product

H*product Heavyweight product

i liked it. got the tracks i liked the most on digital, couldn't quite justify the vinyl.

big props all the same

12. vapour 36 hertz

vapour 36 hertz www.36hertz.com

big up for the constructive feedback guys - nice to know your thoughts on big projects like this as i do pay attention to what people are saying about our releases (step in the gutter was only on the lp because so many people messaged me on here asking if it was coming out) i personally would have liked some more artists on the album but we missed out on a few tracks i wanted to sign and other tracks just wernt ready in time saying that though im still very happy with the lp and the sales are doing alot better than i had thought they would so all good - big up to everyone who has been buying it so far wheter its the whole lp or single tracks

next year will see a whole lot of new material i am just about to sign our first artist exclusively to the label for a lp deal (more info to come very soon about that)

i have also spent the last 6 months making a new sample collection from scratch and have started working on my lp which is due in the middle of 2010 expect at least 20 tracks spread over vinyl , cd , digital download and free download. i have some big things lined up for this including some guest vocalists and some diffrent vibes

the next release is due march / april next year (having a small break from releases fro a couple of months so i can get in the studio instead of spending my days promotiing releases lol) and will feature HLZ (clash dub) and a track from our new signing - this could turn into a ep but maybe a single 12"

dont forget to sign up to the website - www.36hertz.com there will be some more free goodies going up in the next week or 2

respect

vapour

13. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Mother of god :missile:

Nice to see HLZ getting a mention too. What a find :)

14. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

Fucking love it! Like pretty much the entire album: Natty Rocker, Clampdwon, Transmissions, MErcenary Dub, One INch punch, Romper Stomper, all of em are tunes for me. Not really feelin' Cut Paper or Step IN the Gutter

15. dkn

dkn boh.

I absolutely love the intro for Natty Rocker.
    Clampdown destroys lives in the best way.
    Cut Paper is just really catchy and has massive amounts of bass--the glitchy intro just makes it that much better.
    Mercenary Dub, Romper Stomper, and Transmissions are fat.

16. FisherisHigh

FisherisHigh Member

Pretty much agree there. Even though some of the tracks might sound similar they are fun to mix :wave:

Glad to see a response from Vapour. Looking forward to the 2010 business for sure:D

HLZ, mmmm Yessss

17. waffnasty

waffnasty C.E.O. of Boh

dood natty rocker is underrated! that tune is fat as hell!

i am really diggin this lp right now. this lp did a good job of bringing some of that old school feeling into the new jungle sound. big ups to the 36 hertz camp you guys are pushing the boundaries! i cant wait to see what HLZ cranks out in 2010. i feel a good year for him

18. DJNitrousUK

DJNitrousUK Active Member

Nice to see a reply from you man. LP sounds sick mate, looking forward to that. Big up for all the info, much appreciated :)

19. djxl

djxl Member

All about steppa and kitcha's/ northern lights - romper stomper and bladerunners thing on there for me :D