Thoughts about my mixing? Becoming a dj

First off welcome to the forum! just a piece of friendly advice if you would like some feedback on your mixes then give some other DJ's a listen and some feedback. I listened to some of volume 5 and you said that you just started out. What are you playing on? As far as feedback goes I think you prolly already know the obvious advice which is to keep practicing your beat matching but something that you might want to do is try to line a mix up for the break and a double drop to give you a good understanding of how a song is structured. This would help you with the way that the songs flow through out the overall mix. Not every tune needs to be double dropped but once you understand 8,16,24 and 32 bar schemes it will help you out. Keep going and have fun!

Thankyou! Always happy too listen in and leave feedback for other dj's, discovered this forum this morning and looks like a great site to learn and too teach others. Ive got a little pioneer wego2 controller running virtualdj, very basic and simple compared to most dj's decks, I have been focusing on my beat matching and there is a big difference between vol 5 to vol 6. Have you any basics tips that might come in handy to me?

Have you any basics tips that might come in handy to me?

In all honesty the best thing is just to keep doing what you are doing. Keep working on the beat matching and use your ear to mix and nothing else. It will make you way better and get you ahead of others that just use sync or beat counters. Also you might look at some software for keys to stay in key when you mix if it isn't on your equipment. I'm not familiar with what you have but somebody on here might be.
EZ

Good stuff maiden do you like Reid speed ? I get her cool vibes from your mix!

I gotta be honest, these lot will tell you I rarely feedback, cus I'm not really into d&b as much as I was back in the day...

I play reggae, so I gave this a crack & its pretty fucking sick tbf, I suggest everybody else do the same :spliff:

Back
Top Bottom