thought i was onto something there

been through a nice spell myself for a while now... nothing groundbreaking but a step up,... usually pumpin half decent stuff out.

all about leaving it be if u cant imo

then damn writers block kicks in again hahaha

got some nice sounding drums but when it comes to bass i cant make anything worthwhile, all sounds dated to fuck

gay

I think there's something going around right now cause I've been in the same fucking boat for about the past 3 weeks. I get these big fucking drums and than I start a hook...that quickly turns to rubbish. Or I'll go to work on a tune that msmith222 and I have been having a go at and wind up reverting to the old version of the file because I realize I spent 2 hours making shit sounds that don't fit.

Time to invest in a bottle of hard liquor I suppose.

The one good thing to come out of this writers block is that I've been spending more time bonding with my synths are doing lots of experimentation...I figure if I can't get decent hook started I might as well put the motivation towards something.

Bah.

Last edited:
ive had block for past month or so aswell
sucks
but yesterday managed to get something going now i cant seem to get it to go anywhere but ive got some nice drums and some cool bass sounds so thats ok

ive had block for past month or so aswell
sucks
but yesterday managed to get something going now i cant seem to get it to go anywhere but ive got some nice drums and some cool bass sounds so thats ok

Nice! I'm envious as there's no better feeling than breaking the writer's block.

Agreed^^

But in the mean time it's always good to sit around and fiddle with breaks and drum hits or bass sounds... I like having stuff readily available.. Ive started like 3 different tunes this past 2 weeks, one needs something one needs something else lol.. But yea.. It sucks...

Might be time for a new plugin or something? :D

Im gettin stuck into predator at the moment n tryin things out. Also messin with freq modulation with z3ta but as for gettin good sounds or movement that inspires me, nope.

Predator isn't to bad... When i get into a funk like that, i take it as it's time to soak up some knowledge. I will get on the tube and watch some tuts on synthesis or other random music stuff and usually it spawns an idea which of course leads to inspiration..

I also feel like half the time if i had someone to colab with, it would be a LOT easier... I mean i colab with my cousin making hiphop but he's not into dnb so thats out..

Btw, are you re-sampling?

Ahhh man, is it contagious? :lol: I have seen lots of people say they are suffering from it and now I can be added to that list! :(

My plan is to take a week or two away and come back with some new samples or something :) Maybe just have a break for a short while if you are struggling

For your bass sounds? I noticed you said you aren't happy with any of your basses and was wondering if you are re-sampling or just fiddling with a VST or both lol....

Just so you know, i am in the same place right now, i am beast with drums but making basses is proving to be a pain in the ass as i am never fully satisfied..

But by the same token, i don't have to have some big ripping bass-line, i am into the minimal side of it right now which i guess means the bass is going to shine even more. I been thinking about bringing a few of the older sounds back to life...

if im sturggling within my synth of choice, ill take some samples from a loopmasters pack twist them reverse them and process them until they're unrecognisable and use them, used to feel a bit shameful doing this... after watching various masterclass' iv noticed its not that unfamiliar and it helps even if sometimes you can immitate the sound in your synth :)

Now everyone just pop their ovaries back in, grow balls, get into their daw of choice, shut the internet off and start producing again.

ye but you have small faggot dick i cant imagine your balls are very impressive

It doesn't matter since it's all virtual. Just trying to motivate people from the writers block dog.

For your bass sounds? I noticed you said you aren't happy with any of your basses and was wondering if you are re-sampling or just fiddling with a VST or both lol....

Just so you know, i am in the same place right now, i am beast with drums but making basses is proving to be a pain in the ass as i am never fully satisfied..

But by the same token, i don't have to have some big ripping bass-line, i am into the minimal side of it right now which i guess means the bass is going to shine even more. I been thinking about bringing a few of the older sounds back to life...

Ahh no. Im using VST's.

Ive got a load of vengeance basses i might try n fiddle with but i like to get stuck into synths

Now everyone just pop their ovaries back in, grow balls, get into their daw of choice, shut the internet off and start producing again.

Optimistic. This forum is often used for depressing threads about writers block.

The moment you give in to depression and completly remove optimism in your reasoning is the moment you give up on improvement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom