This whole "keep the scene underground" thing.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
It really pisses me off.

Granted, it's annoying when your favouritr artist starts making shit tunes. But you are aware you can listen to other artists right?

I mean, check Hip Hop out for instance.

Nowdays, it's commercial as fuck. You can't go anywhere without hearing a Kanye West or Jay Z tune. Yet, there's still a raw underground scene. Hip Hop has always been pretty mainstream, and there's been a thriving underground scene all along too.

Idiots with no taste listen to the commercial shit, I' listen to the underground stuff.

So why can't some people accept it's the same with D&B?

I know it's annoying when people are like "I love Drumming Bass, that Pendulum band are awesome." How do you think I feel when someone asks what I'm into, and as soon as I say Hip Hop they're like "Me too, Akon is amazing."

But I have the satisfaction of knowing that they think they're bumping good stuff, but they're really not.

So yeh, let it go.

i see wat u mean but when people hear my headphones an can hear just hi hats an shit they go a u listening to pendulum!
or over here for some reason anything with a fast broken beat is considered the prodigy!lol
thats fuckin pisses me off.

It really pisses me off.

Granted, it's annoying when your favouritr artist starts making shit tunes. But you are aware you can listen to other artists right?

Nowdays, it's commercial as fuck. You can't go anywhere without hearing a Kanye West or Jay Z tune. Yet, there's still a raw underground scene. Hip Hop has always been pretty mainstream, and there's been a thriving underground scene all along too.

Idiots with no taste listen to the commercial shit, I' listen to the underground stuff.

I know it's annoying when people are like "I love Drumming Bass, that Pendulum band are awesome." How do you think I feel when someone asks what I'm into, and as soon as I say Hip Hop they're like "Me too, Akon is amazing."

But I have the satisfaction of knowing that they think they're bumping good stuff, but they're really not.

So yeh, let it go.

yeh man I get this all the time, winds me up about the pendulum bit as well.

I listen to loads of music tho, mixing commercial house is one of my favs at the mo.

why does everything always come back to hip hop with you?

It's what I listen to most, so I relate with it.

And commerically, Hip Hop is one of the biggest genres.

And more importantly, what so many people on this site hate about commercial D&B, people basing it on Chase and Status and Pendulum, is what a lot of them have done to Hip Hop, basing it on Kanye West and N fucking Dubz.

I dont pay attention to all that shite, dont bother me (even though the commercial stuff doesnt interest me).. I just listent to what I like. Simples

i just listen to tunes i like...don't give a shit what genre other people brand it in...tbh...stuff only stays underground if the crowd liking it isnt too big...the more interest and following...the closer to ground level it becomes!!...

Me & my mates have recently got into bass drums, penderlum especially. I really like that one about the planets.

I dont pay attention to all that shite, dont bother me (even though the commercial stuff doesnt interest me).. I just listent to what I like. Simples

I think there does come a certain point in peoples lives when they just stop caring what others think.

I am a proper opinionated music snob and have real trouble biting my tongue when people go on about about absolute dog shite that they think is music. I now Just remember that we are all part of something pretty fucking brilliant and if only they knew the joys of the DnB scene, with it's multiple sub genres and creative flow.

You are always gonna get people who think drum and bass is all about pendulum and chase and status you can't get away from it. It's the same for every genre. I'd suggest trying to educate them into something that inspires you. You never know they might end up becoming a proper drum and bass Monkey and actually know who spor or camo and krooked or clipz or even TC are!!!

It really pisses me off.

So yeh, let it go.

Iv actually heard that said..depressing

but I listen to whatever I like, dont care if its commercial or not
what REALLY pisses me off is that Pendulum's latest album is even called DnB...

I pretty much think like..

Music is there to be enjoyed, if you dont like certain stuff.. dont listen to it! and people need to stop winging about the shit they dont like, it gets boring after a while even if people can see the point imo

The way I see it, is while it is a bit annoying hearing people say "Yea i love drum and bass" then tell you how theyve got "more than a lot" and "hold your colour", I dont think it can do anything but good for the scene.

Say 10 people listen to a Pendulum tune, and one of them starts looking into DnB a bit more, hears a Break tune, likes it, starts buying more DnB, going to some nights etc, then surely thats good?

This "I only like music that other people dont like" attitude is a pretty stupid one to be honest. Only takes you backwards.

I think its ridiculous that people who are just getting into dnb are frowned upon! we shouldn't be laughing and taking the piss out of em cos we were all once the same! Pendulum & C&S have done so much for drum and bass its unbelievable e.g. since More Than Alot my mates record shop sales rocketed thanks to an influx of 15-17 year olds coming in and buying records! he even told me the other day that some kid started taking the piss out some other kid for looking at the cd section telling him buy some fuckin records!! and also I'd just like to add.. who on here doesn't/didn't own any of the tunes off Hold Your Color or More Than Alot??

People have this ridiculous attitude where as soon as a artist has sold a certain amount of copies of there album there instantly shit and its obvious Sub's soon gonna be joining the list as well.. why can't people just take the music for what it is and stop worrying about whether there little brothers girlfriends best mate is listening to it! /rant over

If it weren't for the more commercial stuff like pendulum I would have never got to know drum & bass... sure, nowadays I don't rate pendulum that much, but I have more depth within the "underground" scene and the best artists, not to mention I support them a lot by buying their vinyl records..

The more the merrier, and if it takes shit dnb for them to get to know the underground, then let it be

Back
Top Bottom