This time 10 years ago, who was the best Dj on the scene?

I saw all of who is mentioned in this thread.

SS - no, that's just too funny
Nicky - good, but not as good as Andy, Mampi, Hype etc.
Randall - Amazing, great set programer
Hype - Really good, but not as good as Andy or Randall
Mampi - really good also, but rushed mixes and terrible on the eq's
Andy C - Best. Good set programer, great eq'er, just plain amazing DJ...made it, and continure to make it, look easy.

Can I just add that BC were producers who took up djing as a source of money. The quality of their mixing when they first started was a running joke although obviously everybody turned up to hear their tunes.

Also... Hype/Andy C/Mampi for sure. Lol at anyone who suggests Randall was ever better than Hype...

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Actually Andy C's sets were way darker back then. I think he may just have had the edge.

Its all opinion innit...

As much as I loved your Andys/Zincs/Hypes blah blah blah back then.

For me it was more about selection.

So I would always go straight for the Frost/Ron/SL/Ned Ryder/XTC tapes, or attend the Roasts/Amazons/Pure X's of the time due to that fact.

For me the culmination of that less mainstream selection & still holding that skill level of the more widely bummed DJ's...

It has to be Dr S Gachet, man was & still is completely on point with every element of DJ'ing.

But as stated before, thats just me...

I saw all of who is mentioned in this thread.

SS - no, that's just too funny
Nicky - good, but not as good as Andy, Mampi, Hype etc.
Randall - Amazing, great set programer
Hype - Really good, but not as good as Andy or Randall
Mampi - really good also, but rushed mixes and terrible on the eq's
Andy C - Best. Good set programer, great eq'er, just plain amazing DJ...made it, and continure to make it, look easy.

Whats so funny about SS ? He smashed every set he played, His selection was sharp everytime and had a string of great record releases

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I did forget about bad company tho they did used to smash it.

Last edited:
Whats so funny about SS ? He smashed every set he played, His selection was sharp everytime and had a string of great record releases

Every set I've seen, or listened to of SS has been shit. No proper flow, shit eqing and just overall poor djing.

I forgot to mention Zinc. He was really good too, but just seemed to lack something....never really figured it out.

Every set I've seen, or listened to of SS has been shit. No proper flow, shit eqing and just overall poor djing.

I forgot to mention Zinc. He was really good too, but just seemed to lack something....never really figured it out.

How old are you ?

Can I just add that BC were producers who took up djing as a source of money. The quality of their mixing when they first started was a running joke although obviously everybody turned up to hear their tunes.

Also... Hype/Andy C/Mampi for sure. Lol at anyone who suggests Randall was ever better than Hype...

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Actually Andy C's sets were way darker back then. I think he may just have had the edge.

http://dnbshare.com/download/Randall_hyperdslamminvinyl6.2.98.mp3.html

Best intro to a set ever imo. Randall smashes it, he was the original double drop king.

How old are you bro ? I just want to make sure you wasnt under 16 ten years ago cus if you was you have no say in this thread ! nobody does under that age. To make a decent comment on who was what back in the day you have to of been old enough to realise. Just saying

is back in the day really 10 years ago though 2002 ? back in the real day was more like 15 to 20 years imo

best back then was micky finn (tune selection), kenny ken (tunes and mixing wise) , ltj (tunes and vesatility) then of cousre there was hype which did exactly what its says and frost was just heavy - the good old days !!!

Last edited:
Yeah as mentioned earlyier......DJ ron at roast,,,,,,theres a lot of djs not about as much today who used to kill it.......

ok who remembers DJ TREND.......maybe a bit before 2000 (he passed away).....He was big in everyway..selection and mixing skills

it was hype, zinc, micky finn and kenny ken for me. got sick tapes from all of them back then, completely rinsed. ellis dee used to play some sick tunes as well. going back further i had a sick devious d set from telepathy around 94-95, him and gq if i remember rightly....

Back
Top Bottom