this might piss a few heads off but...

Yea i didnt pretend to know the history, was just wondering.

My point was more that i feel andy, well he may be able to spot talent, that talent doesn't necessarily translate to what i deem as good dnb.

I wouldn't say subfocus had done a lot for ram though in the sense you seem to be putting across. Ram was already the biggest label going besides Hospital.

I still believe Hospital is the best run label in dnb. The image they have and general willingness to help from behind the scenes is admirable.

Yea i didnt pretend to know the history, was just wondering.

My point was more that i feel andy, well he may be able to spot talent, that talent doesn't necessarily translate to what i deem as good dnb.

I wouldn't say subfocus had done a lot for ram though in the sense you seem to be putting across. Ram was already the biggest label going besides Hospital.

I still believe Hospital is the best run label in dnb. The image they have and general willingness to help from behind the scenes is admirable.

He's done alot £££ wise

So thats all they care about.

Aslong as that Bank balance is in +10000

:wave:

1. This thread is ridiculous.

2. To classify a label in one style is a bit short sighted. Ram covers a massive spectrum. It seems to be like you just dont like Subfocus. Fair enough you dont like them but Ram have more to them than simply Subfocus.

3. Even if some of the sounds they push through aren't too your tastes, surely they deserve credit for pushing a different sound through. Metalheadz are another label who push through completely different dnb which isnt always to everyone's taste but its all about diversity. The same with Hospital. Their sounds cant be classified into one style as they cover so much. Perhaps some of High contrasts tunes could be classed as cheesey but then people like Logistics, London Elektricity can't be put in the same category. Same goes for Ram.

4. Scotty is jump up.

5. Scotty is DJ Hazard and touches his own machete.

1. This thread is ridiculous.

2. To classify a label in one style is a bit short sighted. Ram covers a massive spectrum. It seems to be like you just dont like Subfocus. Fair enough you dont like them but Ram have more to them than simply Subfocus.

3. Even if some of the sounds they push through aren't too your tastes, surely they deserve credit for pushing a different sound through. Metalheadz are another label who push through completely different dnb which isnt always to everyone's taste but its all about diversity. The same with Hospital. Their sounds cant be classified into one style as they cover so much. Perhaps some of High contrasts tunes could be classed as cheesey but then people like Logistics, London Elektricity can't be put in the same category. Same goes for Ram.

4. Scotty is jump up.

5. Scotty is DJ Hazard and touches his own machete.

Also look at Digital Soundboy, releasing dubstep tunes..the Breakage dubstep you wouldn't expect to hear from a DSB release..
Also go back to Bounce Records, where i was surprised to see the Lomax ep Artisan/Profiler released on that label, when you'd expect a far different sound from that label..

I'm sure labels want to hit everyone's tastes if possible.

This thread is really stupid. And I agree with labels wanting to hit every taste, at the end o' the day
at the end of the day...
cause at the end of the day
It's about making that cash son (while maintaining the ground of not selling out, thus alienating your fanbase)

I do agree the rings of RAM artists seem to get so much hype & ring licking on the regular on here.

But, it is probably the most popular label in the game so what to expect..

Last edited:
ts-haterade.jpg

Threads full of it

ts-haterade.jpg

Threads full of it

Nah no hate... just a general dislike for the Ram sound.

And they aren't that diverse for all those who think they are.

I agree with what someone stated earlier, that they seem to be pushing through a lot of the tunes for the new era dnb heads...

the fact that the have chase and status and subfocus on their books only emphasises this further. Both talented, but the talent seems wasted in my eyes. At least with the new sound these artists are seeming to find. Not feeling it and never will methinks...

Nah no hate... just a general dislike for the Ram sound.

And they aren't that diverse for all those who think they are.

I agree with what someone stated earlier, that they seem to be pushing through a lot of the tunes for the new era dnb heads...

the fact that the have chase and status and subfocus on their books only emphasises this further. Both talented, but the talent seems wasted in my eyes. At least with the new sound these artists are seeming to find. Not feeling it and never will methinks...

Honestly, do you think Noisia and Xample have the same sound as Chase and Status?

Honestly, do you think Noisia and Xample have the same sound as Chase and Status?

Lowdown from xample is a great track, and is arguably thier biggest release, and i do believe has a similar dancefloor sound yes.

Nosia are not Ram artists though mate. Those three run two of thier own record labels, vision and division.

Back
Top Bottom