this kind of sound

dnbsoldier87

How can i go about making the lead sound in this tune? not the what sounds like a processed dog barking, the part after it that plays out the main melody? Im using massive btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcCzaBKtC6w
Ive tried searching but it doesnt let me search "erb and dub" because its all 3 letter words, haha!
Any help appreaciated, thanks

ive listened from 3:37, SO I suppose you mean that bitcrushed wobble.

Well, what I would try is to make a basic wobble, Distort it a bit, Bitcrush it, and get that "yayaya" vowl sound in it with some formant filtering.

Not sure tho, havn;t tried. Just a guess.

cant seem to get anywhere near it, it just ends up sounding like a dodgy distorted "womp" noise. That Erb and Dub sound is absolute filth

Alright, Ill screw around on this sound and see what i can get outta it.

EDIT: Ive been fucking aroud with it for a lil while now, and i cant seem to get it right either :/ Now im pretty curious how to do this as well.

Last edited:
id say its 2 sounds layered together. the common "yay" sound mixed with this subzero kinda sound. not that easy to do i suppose.

There is no preset called Aw Yeah or anything along them lines, maybe i have a different version? So does anyone have any ideas on how to create this sound?
Thanks

ill give it a go once ive cleaned my room, so in about 64 non consecutive hours :evil:

edit; it's not spot on but I cba to boot into my DAW partition right now so try fiddling with this and using a seperate plug in instead of sample & hold.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mztfzndzfmz

try that on an F note, whack a fat sub and distorted mid underneath. post the result im interested :P

Last edited:
It sounds like a generic, flithy saw that has perhaps been effected by a typical '' Ya, Ya'' guitar effect. It won't be that, but that does sound really smart nonetheless.

the yayaya sound..... this is for Z3TA+ users as i dont use massive.

2 square waves, make them reece by altering the pitch slightly on each oscilator.
1 Low Pass Filter (24htz) - About 1/2 way, so that you can hear the note thats being played but still alot of bass/depth.
1 LFO - Set to sine wave and sync to 1.
On your signal path, you'll need to assign you lfo to your lpf. Set this to 3 bars up ie III.....................
right now you have your basic wobble.
Now you need to add some bitcrusher. On the effects section, under distortion you need to set it just before the half way point. you can mess around with the BC untill it gets the sound you're looking for.
If at this point the bass isnt resembling the YAYA sound you want the adjust the LPF and LFO amount until it does.
Right now you should have your basic yaya sound.
Depending on your daw, to add vst effects you may need to export your bass track as a WAV before you can add any effects. So do this now.
Create a new audio channel and add the WAV of ur bass to this.
Then you want to add some distortion, i would recomment OHMICIDE. fiddle around with this until you get the crispy angry sound you need.
Now you'll need some reverb to fill the bass out. Dont add too much reverb, have it mixed to quite a dry sound.
You should now have the bass you were looking for
If not ive just wasted a shitload of time. I cant listen to the example in youtube as am at work and youtube is blocked.
Msg me if you got any questions.
Safe

Back
Top Bottom