This Kick drum sound

Discussion in 'Production' started by Shock/Tactics, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Shock/Tactics

Shock/Tactics Get the fuck up

I would really like to achieve this "thumpy" kind of kick drum or however you wish to describe it that is used in this track and also by Skeptical and Dub Phizix quite a bit

Anyone got any kick drum samples that are close or just advice on achieving this?

Cheers

2. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

layering multiple kicks together, bit of reverb on the high one, crazy amount of compression on it, cant help any more than that.... all trial and error

3. djSing

djSing Ill-usions

I kinda agree, although in that Enei track theres probably quite a few layered up. I think they key to achieving that sound is finding a really subby kick, shortening the decay, then layer with a similar sound to that 'thump'.. I'm not sure how to describe it.. its almost wooden in timbre. I know I've heard it before while auditioning kick samples in the past, its very distinctive, but would be a bitch to find

4. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

5. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

VEC 3 Breakbeat kicks has similar ones but in general you want one clicky kick,and one more bassy.just layer them together eq separately and apply litle bit tube dist and compression...