THIS IS BOLLOCKS...

Sorry man but i totaly disagree

Fair enuf, I spose you cant really tell people not to mix.
But I think alot of people get booked purely on the strength of their tracks and not their skill on the decks when there are alot more talented DJ's out there.

Fair enuf, I spose you cant really tell people not to mix.
But I think alot of people get booked purely on the strength of their tracks and not their skill on the decks when there are alot more talented DJ's out there.

hit the nail on the head there, if you dont produce your not gonna get booked (as much)

i highly recommend you come and join us here...

http://www.dnbforum.com/showthread.php?t=55914

...where we celebrate what's good in life and not what we don't like about drum and bass. you should never hate drum and bass. i don't dig jump up much, but it's an important part of the scene, recognise and understand* the reason the scene has splintered up so much is because people can't appreciate the many aspects this wonderful music has created.

wun love* and when is the fucking ewun e.p out?

^^NICE ONE^^

You are not trying hard enough. I have been collecting DnB on Vinyl for close to 10 years. I have never found DnB boring. Some tracks and trends can be irritating, but lay off the baron & hazard if you are not feeling their production.

Try asking whats new in liquid if thats your gig. Alix perez is awesome, or Redeyes new EP's, how about anything from Calibre?

If that isnt gonna get you excited, try some Herbalizer, or Prefuze 73, Massive Attack, Kruder & Dorfmeister.

Or jump back into the classic hospital or good looking catalogue. Pull out an Omni Trio LP or rediscover POLAR.

Bad attitudes dont find you good music, good people on the forum do

dude thats madness???? ok your a promtor. you got a night next month. do you book a guy who mixes to a level thats acceptable, and 85% of the tracks he playes are his or from the label he runs/works for. or tom who you grew up with, who can mix like no one else you know, but has DD in his bag. a few new tune and a couple of radio 1 dnb top 10? of course making good tunes gets you bookings? its not easy to make tune. as i've stated before. i travel with one of the "main producers/dj's" trust me i listen to pure tune from john o groats to land end. all fancy themselves as top producers. guess what they stink. its very very rare we get a cd, and think thats good or thats got potential.
dont get me wrong. i doubt i could even bang a drum in rythem. i'm just saying how it is. my overall opion is if you are a dj and you want to get further than your bedroom then you gotta either put a dance on or produce?

dude thats madness???? ok your a promtor. you got a night next month. do you book a guy who mixes to a level thats acceptable, and 85% of the tracks he playes are his or from the label he runs/works for. or tom who you grew up with, who can mix like no one else you know, but has DD in his bag. a few new tune and a couple of radio 1 dnb top 10? of course making good tunes gets you bookings? its not easy to make tune. as i've stated before. i travel with one of the "main producers/dj's" trust me i listen to pure tune from john o groats to land end. all fancy themselves as top producers. guess what they stink. its very very rare we get a cd, and think thats good or thats got potential.
dont get me wrong. i doubt i could even bang a drum in rythem. i'm just saying how it is. my overall opion is if you are a dj and you want to get further than your bedroom then you gotta either put a dance on or produce?

agree with ya there man, i come to this conclusion a while ago, had a look at reason for a while which just did ma ed in, so i turned to puttin on a nite. got a monthly nite now in southend so we will see what happens next :D

your idiots man! u need to be able to appreciate all types of dnb, theres sik tunes in every sub genre, stop pickin on the jump up cos ur just pissed u cant keep up with it

I'm getting fucking tired of the DNB scene at the moment

It's all fucking jump up which I hate, the MCs nowdays are FUCKING TERRIBLE (Don't talk to me about Harry Shotta, he's got lyrics but I've heard his recent shows, he cant cut it.)

What happened to Liquid? What happened to Jungle Tech? LTJ Bukem is probably scared to play nowdays, you all seem to be after fucking mindless AGGRESSIVE synthy type tracks that in my opinion are just fucking noisy wank. It's like fucking bazookas by a microphone. FUCKING CLOWNSTEP MAN.

I used to come here every day, grab at least 2 new sets and that'd be me. I still come every day, I've not downloaded a set in weeks.

I dont really have any specific criticism, this is a rant, but it's just not sounding good anymore. Is it just me? Because I'm gonna just leave this DNB thing and mix dubstep if this shit doesn't get better.

[EDIT]
BTW did nobody else clock the fact that more and more people are putting up garage/grime/hiphop sets now? Other people seem to be losing interest as well.

Look, there is this thing called "jump up" thats has become popular to many people. but cmon, theres no need to move totally onto dubstep. there still as much or even more liquid now. its just jump up has become the main focus. just ignore the jump up shizz if u dont like it and look for the liquid. there is many many liquid stuff going on that is superb.

i recommend going on itunes and subscribing to the "hospital records podcast". a show about a hour long, every week. will keep u updated with lovely liquid and neuro tunes ;)

Last edited:
Jump Up: GAY
Liquid: GAY
Neuro: GAY
Techstep: GAY
Dancefloor : GAY
Jungle : GAY
Hardstep
Icestep: GAY
Breakbunglecorestep: GAY

I'm getting fucking tired of the DNB scene at the moment

It's all fucking jump up which I hate, the MCs nowdays are FUCKING TERRIBLE (Don't talk to me about Harry Shotta, he's got lyrics but I've heard his recent shows, he cant cut it.)

What happened to Liquid? What happened to Jungle Tech? LTJ Bukem is probably scared to play nowdays, you all seem to be after fucking mindless AGGRESSIVE synthy type tracks that in my opinion are just fucking noisy wank. It's like fucking bazookas by a microphone. FUCKING CLOWNSTEP MAN.

I used to come here every day, grab at least 2 new sets and that'd be me. I still come every day, I've not downloaded a set in weeks.

I dont really have any specific criticism, this is a rant, but it's just not sounding good anymore. Is it just me? Because I'm gonna just leave this DNB thing and mix dubstep if this shit doesn't get better.

[EDIT]
BTW did nobody else clock the fact that more and more people are putting up garage/grime/hiphop sets now? Other people seem to be losing interest as well.

how about going to hospitality/shogun audio/marky and friends/essence of chi?

the dnb scene is far from dying my friend its just a fact that round here jump up is very popular, and thats just the way it is. producing jump up is fun and so is hearing it on a decent sound system. I dont listen to jump up much myself in the lounge i much prefer hospital records/spearhead/symmetry and other liquid stuff for that.

I have sometimes uttered the magic words 'this is shit' and thought it isnt worth a listen, but I dont think you can say that it represents the scene as a whole

LTJ Bukem is probably scared to play nowdays

Believe me this guy has got more bookings than you have had hot dinners my friend. And as for Good Looking, their releases are going to be a lot more frequent now that they are with Nu Urban.

the range of music in drum and bass is exactly why i love it so much. there's sooo much scope and variety in this scene that it never fails to inspire me. granted imo there is alot of shit floating around (not specifying sub genre's or artists here). but we wud all be moaing alot more if it all sounded the same. i personally love the dancefloor scene, and am finding more and more sick artists everyday, like inside info and shock one. reli feeling their stuff at the moment. alot of my pals hu dj all like their own styles in their own way. and thts wot is my fav part of our common musical taste. that we all have our own individual stamp and take on the scene. i dont like all of what i hear no, but i like hearing wot other people like and seeing their passion for wot they do the same as me.

i dont think the scene is going all jump up, i like jump up personally but yer theres alot of shit, so i simply just dont play it. i rekon when i get a bit older i will move away from jump up alot more but atm im happy to take "silly" tunes by the likes of hazard and original sin at face value. they are wot they are, if u dnt like it u have the option to not listen to it. but please dont hate the scene over it.

Back
Top Bottom