This has boggled my mind...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Borf™, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Someone on facebook posted...

If Pinocchio said 'My nose is about to grow", what would happen?

What would happen?

It's hard, because....

He's lying, so it would grow. Because saying it's going to grow unless he told a lie just prior to saying that, is not true.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut....

Then it grows...so what he said was in fact correct.

Help me!

2. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

3. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

It shrinks back when he tells the truth doesn't it? So would it not grow then shrink back straight away?

4. DJ NUERA

DJ NUERA 5HEAD

I dont know, because he knows if he says that its going to grow. So technically he's not lying.

5. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Pinocchio isn't real so neither man (y)

6. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

This ^^

Pinocchio doesn't exist, I'm so sorry for this but we have to be brutally honest here, It's for the best Borf you will thank us once you discovered the easter bunny/father christmas/the tooth fairy and jewish people are a figment of the imagination

7. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

I'm not so sure Toejam. Either way he could safely say that just after a lie.

Or...and I think this makes the most sense Borf...there's a slight pause after he makes the statement just long enough for the universe to establish that he was in fact lying...and then it grows...because he was lying...initially lying...which is enough for me. Maybe Herojuana could confirm or deny that's how fairy tale land works?

8. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Technically, it's a prediction. So a prediction is going to be 100% correct. Even if it's happened a million times, there is always a chance it will not? Right? I mean, the guy transformed from a puppet into a real boy. Anything is possible with this little miracle.

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

Shit, what if the truth comes first, then lies. So nothing happens then it does grow?

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:23 ----------

Also, what would happen if he had a wank? Would he catch fire due to the friction? Maybe he has to wet it first.

Does he have wooden balls? What is his blood? Does he breathe in CO2 and exhale oxygen as he's wood, just like a tree???

Is Gepeto actually Bill Oddie???

[​IMG][​IMG]

Does he put food on his nose, wait for birds to perch and then study them?

9. ThePapa

No Borf. Also his nose will only grow if he's lying therefore everybody needs to wait around until whatever it is that makes his nose grow is satisfied that he was lying. Then his nose will grow without creating a paradox. Simples.

10. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

why did an old man want a real boy? a bit suspect to me but oh well those were more innocent times

11. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

so if he lied and told the truth really quickly over and over he could pleasure a woman sufficiently, what a cool guy, actually wait a moment didnt he hang around with an old man, why i oughta! call the police

12. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

the fact his conscience was a cricket....he was a sex aid for the old man fair and square

13. Mish Mash

Mish Mash Well-Known Member

'This statement is false' is basically the same thing

14. ThePapa

Yeah but it's not as fun though is it Mish Mash?

15. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

A barber cuts everybody in his town's hair, apart from those who cut their own.

How does the barber get a haircut?

16. Mish Mash

Mish Mash Well-Known Member

haha yep that is true...

---------- Post added at 02:31 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

He burns it off like a real man

17. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

but you see its all regulated by a god that never leaves his side. so its down to his judgement, there is no algorithm.

18. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Pinokio will never say my nose is about to grow,because if he says that,than the whole spacetime continuum will be out of balance..

19. come at me bro

come at me bro I've been naughty, I'm banned

I have been just about week ago thinking about this and came to conclusion that most if not all paradox are just product of human not having enough brain.

so if Pinokio tell "my nose will grow" his nose will grow becose at the time he told it it was lie,it become truth after it started growing.The whole solution to Pinokio paradox is time,you can loop it forever when you image in as happeing somewhere where time is nonexistand and past/future/present are all one but when you put time into picture and use some common sense its really easy to see the truth.

same as paradox about what was sooner,the chicken or the egg? you start to loop it forever just like Pinokio until you just start to think like really think.Ok first we need to look at how evolution and development of species works.

DNA is what makes lifeform what it is,chicken is chicken becose it has chicken DNA.Evolution works when two have sex,their DNA is mixed together and some mutations happen introducing totaly new parts into spiral of DNA.Now species dont evolve from one to another instantly like pokemons but theres this smooth changes slowly happening in milions of years,so when you look at ape and human,theres milions of things thats not 100% ape or human.

So if we consider that first real chicken was something that have 51% of DNA similiarity to modern chicken and only 49% of the thing it evolved from,then the answer is that there was first egg,the creature that layed the egg had less than 50% DNA of modern chicken and that makes it clear it isnt chicken but the mutation and whatever happening made the embryo in that thing the first real chicken and egg surrounding it first chicken egg and thats why egg was first,just use your brain and you will see all these super tripy paradox are nothing more than people being all hurr derp and not seeing the whole picture

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  20. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

No mutations in asexual reproduction, nah I don't really think so.

So if species share >50% of their genetic material, they're the same species?

That must mean I am not only an ape, a cat and - though this one's pushing it a little - a human, but also a cow, a horse a dog, a much debated chicken and a common horse fly..