this forum needs a better spam post blocker

one of these, a capcha will keep em out...

facebook_captcha.png

so im only reading the production section of this board. The spam post there have mostly

- ipod, handy, .... in title
- several links in post message

i cant believe, that u cant filter such easy stuff and auto move to spam section. Other board have 99% likely the same captcha as here.

a captcha will only prevent from registering bots, so they will try to find other ways. So the best counterstrategy seems to let spam poster register their accounts with typical captcha hints, and rather try to identify spam accounts by post analyzing (words, links, number of posts, number of links, blacklist words....) and then automove that stuff to spamsection/recycle. If they cant post/register anymore, they notice it, but not when automoved.

i can imagine this a onerous time costing task, i did a quick search and there seem to be enough boards/blogs which can help u with this problem if u arent super expert. But i think u definitively miss some better spam blocking techniques than captcha

The captcha should be for people below about 100 posts. I don't think a spambot would get that many so...

audio captcha seems best

Back
Top Bottom