this drumstep thing...

thegeneral

VIP Junglist
this has probably been discussed many times but does anyone see this lasting cos most of the tunes are shit and imo kill the vibe in a rave. i liked it when people played that night dubstep tune and some of the slower dnb like the slow version of busted and disco dodo. but drumstep is terrible do you think it will last? also i never thought i'd say this but i might have to say its hazard's fault, i'm sure that slow version of busted started it off... oh yeah dubstep is shit as well (next time i'll go for more positivity and that)

this has probably been discussed many times but does anyone see this lasting cos most of the tunes are shit and imo kill the vibe in a rave. i liked it when people played that night dubstep tune and some of the slower dnb like the slow version of busted and disco dodo. but drumstep is terrible do you think it will last? also i never thought i'd say this but i might have to say its hazard's fault, i'm sure that slow version of busted started it off... oh yeah dubstep is shit as well (next time i'll go for more positivity and that)

It's not Hazards fault that other producers watch him so much.. I knew loys of people would start making stuff like this the day i heard Wicked so.. This style is now getting real boring already..

poop.jpg

It's not Hazards fault that other producers watch him so much.. I knew loys of people would start making stuff like this the day i heard Wicked so.. This style is now getting real boring already..

I think it's tough to write a half tempo tune that will go off in a rave ...

But it can be done ...

It's just that more have failed than succeeded unfortunately ...

original sin - step on is a fucking banger

this is by far the best "drumstep" track. Also check taxman - look what you done, also big. most people are failing at it, the only other descent attempt i can think of is Pleasure & Origin - The Dawning and obv. Hazard - wicked so which is starting to get borin alredi!

Prefer ST Files - Crackden as a half-time tune.

Not usually feeling the half-time stuff, but Crackden really gets the vibe going.

i think switching it up in a set (maybe once per set only) gives the dance a lift. not the actual dubstep/drumstep tune but it gives the tune that follows a big lift. everyone cools down when the dub/drumstep plays then goes beserk when the big hitter drops next. im not a fan of playing more than 1 or 2 tunes tho and complete sets of it is bollox.

i think switching it up in a set (maybe once per set only) gives the dance a lift. not the actual dubstep/drumstep tune but it gives the tune that follows a big lift. everyone cools down when the dub/drumstep plays then goes beserk when the big hitter drops next. im not a fan of playing more than 1 or 2 tunes tho and complete sets of it is bollox.

plus some remixes of dnb tunes r ok like that wheres my money tune

Back
Top Bottom