This bass.

logikz

I Am Not The King
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
its just a sine i cant hear dist or anything. sounds like it could be side chained with the kick

moriaty

VIP Junglist
nice tune.
yes to the sidechain, but i reckon sounds a bit richer than just sine. try triangle and adjust low pass accordingly. also, i think theres a very subtle pitch envelope going too, so play around.(y)

Matt W

It just sounds like a normal bass but with the cutoff filter turned down a lot.. So I'd just start with Sine and Square waves and go from there.. I'm pretty new to this anyway so I might be a little wrong.

Someone beat me to it :lol:

Neomind

Too many skulls!">:O
VIP Junglist
sine wave has just 1F (one fundamental) so its sound can't be so rich like this bass.
This perhaps to be a triangle or square wave, which both of them have harmonics but not too many as the sawtooth.
The tricky part here is the *pumping* the bass does which by ear I guess it's made by adding some attack to the filter cuttoff, an a bit of pitching at the very start of each trigger.
Another thing is that the bass when triggered is playing 2 notes one before another (not at the same time) really fast.
Turning up the reso (just a bit) will enhance the harmonics when the filter is moving, that will give you a very hearable bass ;)

moriaty

VIP Junglist
sine wave has just 1F (one fundamental) so its sound can't be so rich like this bass.
This perhaps to be a triangle or square wave, which both of them have harmonics but not too many as the sawtooth.
The tricky part here is the *pumping* the bass does which by ear I guess it's made by adding some attack to the filter cuttoff, an a bit of pitching at the very start of each trigger.
Another thing is that the bass when triggered is playing 2 notes one before another (not at the same time) really fast.
Turning up the reso (just a bit) will enhance the harmonics when the filter is moving, that will give you a very hearable bass ;)
agreed with most, although i think that the pumping effect is partly due to the sidechain compression to the kickdrum. but yes, the pitch envelope does help give the bass its movement too (y)