This bass.

It just sounds like a normal bass but with the cutoff filter turned down a lot.. So I'd just start with Sine and Square waves and go from there.. I'm pretty new to this anyway so I might be a little wrong.

Someone beat me to it :lol:

sine wave has just 1F (one fundamental) so its sound can't be so rich like this bass.
This perhaps to be a triangle or square wave, which both of them have harmonics but not too many as the sawtooth.
The tricky part here is the *pumping* the bass does which by ear I guess it's made by adding some attack to the filter cuttoff, an a bit of pitching at the very start of each trigger.
Another thing is that the bass when triggered is playing 2 notes one before another (not at the same time) really fast.
Turning up the reso (just a bit) will enhance the harmonics when the filter is moving, that will give you a very hearable bass ;)

sine wave has just 1F (one fundamental) so its sound can't be so rich like this bass.
This perhaps to be a triangle or square wave, which both of them have harmonics but not too many as the sawtooth.
The tricky part here is the *pumping* the bass does which by ear I guess it's made by adding some attack to the filter cuttoff, an a bit of pitching at the very start of each trigger.
Another thing is that the bass when triggered is playing 2 notes one before another (not at the same time) really fast.
Turning up the reso (just a bit) will enhance the harmonics when the filter is moving, that will give you a very hearable bass ;)
agreed with most, although i think that the pumping effect is partly due to the sidechain compression to the kickdrum. but yes, the pitch envelope does help give the bass its movement too (y)

Back
Top Bottom