DnB Third Agenda - Horns Of Asaiah

hi BB, not bad for a first tune. sound is good though i haven't listened to it on proper speakers yet. to my liking, there is too little movement in the track. it flows well but doesn't sound unique enough to be really new. I know, hard to do ground-braking stuff, but for example some tweaking of the main chords in your track would help. just my 2 cents worth .. (y)

Hi Maschinistom,

Thank you for listening, and the response. I'm going to look at the track with my friend to see if we can get more movement in it. Thanks!

"Horns of Asaiah" - This reminds me of Nasty Habits, "Shadow Boxing" a bit... same kind of big and minimal vibe. The Production sounds nice, percussion is solid and level, the filtering on the Bass is fun. 2:50ish, oh yeah, you added some wobble with an LFO it sounds like, I like that. Lovin' all the big filter sweeped Pads, very atmospheric. The Horn synths add a slight Middle Eastern feel and flesh out the ambience well.

Out of the Breakdown at 3:32 I was expecting something hype, like a Lead doing a melody perhaps, no worries... this tune is (sounds like) designed to be a big Floor Filler with no attempt at sounding overly clever. ; )

Cool footage to pair with the tune! Bombing the Army Men at the end was interesting. I'd enjoy playing this in a Set with "Shadow Boxing". You shouldn't be nervous dropping fire like this, the tune is badass imho. I hope it performs well for you. :2thumbs:

Keep jamming!

Wow, thank you Protoplasym. That's made my day. Shadow Boxing is my all time favourite D&B track! :D We wanted that sound like the dark clouds had just rolled in and caused a storm. :D

I don't know if you saw it but at the very end of the vid I put together it shows the crosses of 1000s that have died. The idea being that war can do no good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom