Thinking of getting monitor headphones

chromey

a.k.a Impact
VIP Junglist
beyer dynamic DT100's are meant to be the business as they are very neutral. They look quite old skool though, but very comfy for wearing for hours at a time.

chromey

a.k.a Impact
VIP Junglist
hence my suggestion for the DT100s. ;)

http://www.boomerangsounds.co.uk/product.php?xProd=176&xSec=168
The audio industry's worldwide standard for location and studio monitoring. It's closed operating system makes it especially suited to exclude ambient noise. Ideal for project studios, recording studios and location recording.
This is the 400 Ohm version.
Not sure which ohm version you sould be looking at though. Best to email/phone and ask em.

Last edited:

chromey

a.k.a Impact
VIP Junglist
oh, and watch the volume when monitoring through headphones. Apparently its very easy to damage to your hearing as when you are into it and gently cranking the volume.. after a couple of hours they'll be wrecked.

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
No, I heard that normal headphones aren't reliable for mastering etc so I want some proper ones to produce with
you should never mix thought headphones tho..
any headphones are ok to make beats with but you should mix your tracks thought monitor speakers

dafo93

SWITCH FUSION
VIP Junglist
you should never mix thought headphones tho..
any headphones are ok to make beats with but you should mix your tracks thought monitor speakers
I know, I'm saving up for some Alesis monitors but I thought these would be a transitional thing until I saved up enough for speaker monitors