Thinking of getting a new mixer

archive

VIP Junglist
Got a djm 500 arm but getting pretty sick of it and thinking of getting a new mixer. Been looking at a djm 350 but not too sure...
can anyone recommend anything around the £300 - 350 mark?

Got a djm 500 arm but getting pretty sick of it and thinking of getting a new mixer. Been looking at a djm 350 but not too sure...
I got a DJM 350 for mixing at home and couldnt be happier with it. Record function is mint for recording mixes and ripping vinyl, effects would be better if they could be applied to each channel but still fun to play with. I snapped one up for $350NZD (about £150). Tidy piece of gear for the price

Depends on the gear you have & what you plan on using the mixer for. If it's just basic mixing with a fun effect knob and easy recording, then grab the DJM-350. Had one in the past, loved it.

My advice is to check out the secondhand market, lots of great deals if you're willing to look for them and are patient.

would recommend an allen and heath mixer if there is one that you like within your price range, got mine on finance just over ago year ago and I love it!

I used to own something similar had a DJM 600 for 5 years+
Bought a 2nd hand Xone 42 for £320. Definitely some decent used kit out there without having to spend big.

I would definitely recommend trying out a A&H first before buying one, as a few pioneer heads I know aren't overly keen on Allen and Heath mixers.

Did anyone else know A&H make a Xone 43 now? My mate's just got one.

allen-and-heath_xone-43_top.jpg

God they look so toyish nowdays, got the original 42 myself and think it looks much nicer than this, cant see anything overly new other than the AUX out on the front.

4x phono's also and 3 crossfader settings now. So pretty good for vinyl heads I guess but nothing major it seems. I'm yet to have a play on my mates one I will report back once I have

What's the advantage of an Allen & Heath over a Pioneer? I've got the Xone 22 at the moment, but it's a bit clunky imo, might swap over to pioneer and either get the 2 channel one with the usb record out or a 4 channel one.

What's the advantage of an Allen & Heath over a Pioneer? I've got the Xone 22 at the moment, but it's a bit clunky imo, might swap over to pioneer and either get the 2 channel one with the usb record out or a 4 channel one.
Better sounding mixers overall and the best filters in the business.

have had both the A&H 22 & 23. I actually ran into an issue with one of the filters starting to develop a mind of its own on my 22, but did get quite a bit of good use out of it before then, and was pleased enough with it to go ahead and get the 23. I've had no issues with the 23, and have been really liking it. Actually seems like the buttons and levers are a bit more sturdy than the 22.

4x phono's also and 3 crossfader settings now. So pretty good for vinyl heads I guess but nothing major it seems. I'm yet to have a play on my mates one I will report back once I have

Nice one muzz, 4 phonos is sweet not really much interest in the crossfader however, pots are getting loose and wobbly on my 42, might have to send it off!

I picked up my Allen & Heath Xone 23C for £200 boxed including free DVS software from Cross DJ that is bundled with it.

Bumping this thread since I'm also looking for a mixer currently, basically in the same price range (don't want to spend too much on a mixer that will be primarily for home use). Not really looking for anything complex, just a basic 2-channel mixer with good sound and build quality will do. I already know to stay away from Behringer since I've read their build quality is shite for mixers. Pioneer could be an option but their mixers tend to be overpriced. I was planning on getting a Xone 22 but then I heard there are so many issues with them, and I would definitely get a Rane TTM-56 but I'm a tad iffy with buying used items.

Any advice, guys? Would the Xone 23 be worth trying perhaps?

I feel like the 23 is a better piece of equipment than the 22 was. As much as I liked my 22 it definitely gave me a little guff, and the 23 seems to be of better overall build quality. Mines just the regular 23 without the built in soundcard, it was a bit cheaper than the C model.

I feel like the 23 is a better piece of equipment than the 22 was. As much as I liked my 22 it definitely gave me a little guff, and the 23 seems to be of better overall build quality. Mines just the regular 23 without the built in soundcard, it was a bit cheaper than the C model.
The only thing I'm not too fond of with the 23 is the odd shape of the top plate, I much more preferred the simple 'rectangular' look of the 22 :p The whole one filter thing might get a tad confusing

Back
Top Bottom