Thin and Crispy - Tiger Step

Thin and crispy

VIP Junglist
Thin and Crispy - Tiger Step (now with a revised version)

/Thin

edit: changed a fair bit, please let me know what you think!
Edit: Right, ive added a beat back to the intro, but its not a typical beat, as you will hear, i just figured it added a bit more of the tribal, wilderness tiger character to it... ive changed up the bass a bit, added some filtering and automation but not sure how its gonna go down... i've been very tired whilst working on this and going at it 9,10 hours at a time (even tho it mioght not sound it, im still learning stuff etc :P)
If it still aint right then im gonna sit on it for a week before doing anything else with it.

AGAIN it might not seem like much but thanks peeps for having the patience to listen to listen to the track a few times over and give your opinions and advice cos i know reworks dont usualy go down so well, this gives me hope that im on the right path with this 1 no matter how much work it might need, and sorry for the big emotional rant about it, i am very very tired atm lol.

Last edited:
Not really sure about the drum pattern if I'm totally honest. Everything feels like it just didnt have any real danceable rythym to it if you know what I mean?

Bass synth sound is a little too prominent too.

If I'm gonna be really honest it's not doing anything for me at all.........sorry.

Not really sure about the drum pattern if I'm totally honest. Everything feels like it just didnt have any real danceable rythym to it if you know what I mean?

Bass synth sound is a little too prominent too.

If I'm gonna be really honest it's not doing anything for me at all.........sorry.

the beat goes from kinda 2step to ofbeat (if u meant the pattern) i might try a proper 2 step with a snare cos atm its just 1 clap.. i couldnt get the synth volume right :( take it down and it seemed too quite but put it back up and it was too loud, probably needs some more EQing...

Cheers for the reply tho man, my m8 aint feelin it too but oh well... :P maybe theres some1 out there who does!

yeh the beat at the start is a bit odd, drums are a bit weak, cool fx and stuff in there, the second synth that comes in over the top doesnt fit well. maybe uv just knocked the original up an octave im not sure.
its just a bit of a strange track. the melody could work well with some heavier drums and a nasty synth, not bad tho man keep at it!

ye thats a diff one, better wiht the drums at start, bassline needs some more tone or life to it, try edding the automation ( bring the distortion up as the note goes on ) play with the filters.
maybe even just replicate the bass u have there.... high pass it add some reverb maybe bit of chorus see what happens, just layer it up to make it sound more gritty!

Made me think it's very jungely. But the bass gets boring quickly to be honest, and the sound is a bit unpleasant :\

But I do love the drums.

yea, to me, it feels like, you've got a pretty cool and original concept going on, but it didn't deliver, Reminded me of some jungle as well, like roadrunner said.
Could switch it up, and do something different with the bass. The textures this track has , are pretty nice though. Got a little boring in the end though. It's like the track didn't go anywhere, atleast it was like this for me.

more work to be done then!!!

right the beat at the start is just snare-less, it did have a clap in instead of a snare, was thinking of putting a 3 beat pattern in tho, like tribal drums, just for the intro....
Also does the track feel like it needs to up the tempo? or just vary?

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be the 'intro' piece for a Fighter in a Fighter game (ala Super Street Fighter 4/etc).

I enjoyed the whole thing, the Bass is jumpin around and the Drums are kinda Fidgety which I like... I thought the ending was a lil rushed/sloppy, and could have been better.

overall, neat lil tune

Sounds like it could be the 'intro' piece for a Fighter in a Fighter game (ala Super Street Fighter 4/etc).

I enjoyed the whole thing, the Bass is jumpin around and the Drums are kinda Fidgety which I like... I thought the ending was a lil rushed/sloppy, and could have been better.

overall, neat lil tune
yep, gonna sort that out, i just wanna make sure the actual sounds i have are working, before i start playing with different notes n stuff, cheers tho :)

Back
Top Bottom