Thin and Crispy - Something Between US

love the intro, especially the crackles. sounds a bit odd to have the drums so flat in the intro, and then open up the high pass more when it hits, but its a pretty good mix. not really my style, but sounds pretty nice. possibly switch up the bassline a bit more.

i was gonna take them out altogether and just leave the break in there but decided against it, and yer, i get what u mean but i was finding it difficult to change/mix it up ><

like the build up, not sure about the flat drums like said

was expecting something more from the drop tbh but that just might be what your going for!

cant really comment much more cant produce myself everything sounds nice though

like the build up, not sure about the flat drums like said

was expecting something more from the drop tbh but that just might be what your going for!

cant really comment much more cant produce myself everything sounds nice though

tbh dude i don't want a rowdy track or owt just somethin smooth so yer, wasn't goin for a big drop or owt.... if it needs a little more umph tho i'll work on it :P

The snare seems a little muddy. Also I couldn't tell if there was a drop, there seemed to be a lack of bass? Like the breakdown to it, and it seemed to have an old skooley sound which I really liked :D

to be honest i dont think the two chord stabs you having going with each other work well, different chords that dont work i guess. maybe work on the drop too maybe dont any drums at all for a few seconds before it to make it more pronounced, work on the drums a bit more, add some more hats make it shuffle a little better, compression, tighten the kick and snare up together, they seem a bit one hitty just laid down and not worked on to me, but i mean you know of course this is all my opinion if thats how you meant it to sound like, then good. this is all just my preferences i guess.

oh and a bassline! i closed the soundcloud but i swore i didnt really hear one, i think the drop would go nicely with a new mid ranged bass something going on, so its not just a carry on of the intro.. just me though..

yeah the drums sound like they are in a LP filter or somink really muffled and sitting at the back when they should be more upfront and snappy, try layering the sanre and make them hit at te correct freqs and youll have a luvly snare, dont layer the kick just a nice soundin well eq'd one will do nice. and as the others mention abit of a bassline change would be nice.

thanks for the track tho bro :o)

Cheers guys :D thing with the kick is, the kick drums in the break that runs with it kinda muddle the kick in the beat a bit, ill try and EQ it all a little finer to sort it out tho :)
at the start of the track the beat is filtered tho, was kinda intentional but i wasn't sure about it so i left it rather than making things worth, lol.
As we speak im trying to EQ the snare to take the 'fizz' away that i guess u guys are talking about but im getting no luck =x will try layering it!
There is a bass u can hear it more after the second drop but i could boost it a little over all :P
Ass for switching up a little i wanna but having a creative blank spot on that front :P

Back
Top Bottom